• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why hasn't Griffith been fired yet? He's such a damn mess. Let's bring on Theo, not tell the story we should with Kyle, then make him a retcon grandson of Dina and Stuart Brooks but not have any Brooks around ... make it make sense! lol (especially when both Leslie and Lorie appeared in 2018 under Mal Young; I think it was 2018 but that timeframe is a blur to me when it comes to this show)

Wasted potential. Hot actor, nice guy. Shame. And of course they finally start to make him more interesting. I'd rather they have dumped Donny Boaz.

• Members

It does seem that way.

It feels absolutely directionless. It's really sad seeing this show be a shell of it's former self. It took longer than the other soaps but it's sadly at the point many others have been at, or are still at. Sigh.

It's also boring. But some fans think the opposite of that is Pratt and his plotty writing. It can be interesting and compelling without being plotty and damaging. IDK. A balance can be found. 

To be quite blunt, you shouldn't fix what isn't broken, and that's been a problem with all the soaps. 

I do wonder what a Carlivati Y&R would look like. Just remember any random villain and they'll be back, whether they are dead or not (of course if the actor is still alive) LOL. 

He'd probably try to bring some people back which could be a nice plus. I don't think his wink wink nod nod writing and slightly over campy style would work. (And at least he delves into history, for better or worse). Now B&B on the other hand? .... I could definitely see that. Brad Bell would probably never hand over the reigns even though it's time he focus on producing and letting others write the show.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Agreed. I’d fear an overcorrection.

Carlivati writes fan fiction. That said...

Given what we’ve seen of Y&R in recent years, I’d risk it. Speaking realistically, given the show’s track record of hires over the past 15 years, are there many better choices? He seems decent at managing up and writing within restrictions, and frankly I see a lot more praise from his work around these parts than I do for the other shows. 

I dunno: maybe this admission shows how little hope I have that Y&R will improve.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

My thoughts exactly. We'd see David Kimball or Mary Jo Mason coming out of the wood work for a crazy storyline. Such was the case with GH and OLTL

To be honest, I too would probably risk Ron C, because what does the show have to lose at this point? The issue with The Young and the Restless is that it's boring. Stale dialog, flat execution of what should be dramatic and lackluster background music (which has slightly improved).

General Hospital & DAYS are in a crap state quality but at least things happen. As I've said before, it's baffling how Y&R remained #1 since in the years since Bill Bell died.

And I agree with @Faulkner on the fanfiction comment!

Edited by ironlion