Y&R Actor Released?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yea, I think Doug is referring to going off contract years ago.  He has used that kind of tone before.

I do feel for him being cast aside as the longest serving cast member.

Paul was sabotaged by having all his family written off.

And the situation with LLB doesn't help.

I think Paul should still be seen and efforts made to integrate him back into the canvas.

Bringing back Heather would be a start.

• Members

I know Doug is getting flack, but I think in some ways he has a right to be angry, since he is technically suppose to be the longest running actor there. He's been there before both MTS and Braeden, but sadly their popularity always and will always outshine him. 

• Members

Doug Davidson had been off contract since September 2018. He was released from it soon after celebrating his 40th anniversary with the show. It's a shame the show can't seem to do anything with Paul. 

DD is too much a drama queen on twitter though

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

He tweeted that he was adjusting to being released.  People felt bad for him and tweeted support. Then he backtracked and said he was referring to the 2018 release from contract status.

He said in Sept 2018 that he'd been released from contract in January 2018.  Or maybe he was told in Jan 2018 that his contract would not be renewed.  

I remember that the closing credits were behind on some (but not all) of the contract changes.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

After Paul broke things off with Lauren...He should've realized that Andy was the one. Imgaine church going Snow White Mary Williams finding out her son was gay. Mary calling Andy immoral and evil and accusing him of seducing her son. 

Paul dating other men as Mary watched in horror. The story could've lasted for years. Instead we got boring Christine.