Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nikki, Ashley (that wig...) and Victoria's highlighter yellow hair in this 2002 episode is bothering me so much.

I hate what they did to Olivia in this story. Your best friend is battling cancer so you sleep with her husband. That's not even in her character. Her wig in this episode is also tragic.

Cassie was always such an oddly written child. How old is she here? 10? What 10 year old says something like "I thought you had something on your mind, mom." Like what? Camryn Grimes is a cutie though. Killing Cassie to keep Nick and Sharon "young" was a huge mistake, it's just allowed the characters to continue acting like teenagers for 15 years.

What was Phyllis pissy about at the wedding? I'm guessing her scenes with Jack were excised.

I've always thought inter-cutting Victor and Nikki's vows with Ashley admitting Victor is Abby's father was masterful. The story is icky and offensive but they rung every drop of drama possible out of it. That's what I miss most about Y&R, they would hit every beat no matter how long it took.

Edited by Darn

• Members

There's virtually no difference in airtime allowance from 2013 to today, but the cuts from the 2013 are far more noticeable than the one that just reaired since a lot of the lines were quickly spliced together (or just cut completely), and the pacing as a result of the cuts just seemed far more unnatural than the one aired in 2020.

This was around the time Diane and Phyllis had been feuding, and I believe Diane had set fire to the Jabot pool house and wanted to frame Phyllis for it. Phyllis' lack of engagement in this episode gave viewers the impression that she had something to do with this.

• Members

All that Barbie yellow hair.

When I saw Ashley... yikes!

As time has gone on, I think killing Cassie was just as bad as Maureen on GL.  We should have seen her grown up and react to just how awful her parents were at times.  Instead we skipped having her as a teen so Sharon and Nick could seem eternally 29.  Having kids never stopped Victor and Nikki from being a mess.

• Members

If they had any sense, they would have seen her sparking on screen during that time and just allowed her to own her villainy. Just make her a cold, cruel, and vindictive (yet pathetic and human) Cersei Lannister type. An heiress thirsty for the throne and willing to do anything to protect her inheritance. But that would force them to rethink their “best-laid plans” for their idea of what Y&R looks like. As the eldest daughter of Victor, they see her as a leading lady full stop, and she must be likable/rootable. (Maybe they feel like a woman with Victor’s claws would be a turnoff?) They must have had data that shows audiences like her the way she is, and I’m sure the popular Billy Miller pairing earned her a lot of goodwill. How else to explain why she’s been thrusted in our faces for so long?

Edited by Faulkner