‘B&B’ Ranks Number One In Viewers, All Demos For the First Time Ever

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The son also rises...

Despite whatever massive faults Brad has, I have enjoyed B&B, and only B&B, for months now. This trend has been long coming, and now it's here. 

This is proof that Y&R's writing regime needs to be fired and can't be replaced by the same old recycled hacks. They should be promoting from within, as they did under Bill Bell. 

• Members

As someone checked out of B&B for a while now ... curious what some of you are enjoying about it? I hate getting pulled in because the "high" for B&B doesn't usually last but I'm done with Y&R for now and GH and DAYS have been really losing me again.

With Y&R dropping when is Griffith getting the damn boot? No they'll probably blame the usual suspects for the ratings dropping 

Please register in order to view this content

and dump them or backburner them. Sigh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That's good. And I can't help but worry they don't run with #2. Have been hearing some positive things about it on social media. I just ... feel like everytime I get invested again, Brad goes off the rails and I'm like "peace out" lol. But I guess it's mindless entertainment so I'll give the show a chance again. I need a distraction. Badly. The soaps are often locally preempted for me by daily press conferences, which is important, but frustrating when you want to escape for an hour or so. I like being able to FFwd so I don't typically like to watch the soaps on their streaming platforms, lol. But I guess I have to.

I've been immersing myself lately in old B&B and just loving the amount of things going on. So refreshing.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Regardless of the state of the nation and preemptions, this is historic for B&B and soaps in general. Congrats to B&B for this milestone. 

Even if this is only a week thing, will Y&R be able to continue publicizing it’s years-long lead in ratings? 

• Members

These ratings are completely worthless. WAY too many YR pre-emptions and interruptions to mean anything.

You mean the same week YR loses 250k viewers, BOLD picks up over 400k? Sorry — that makes no sense. None. 

YR hasn’t been good, but I’ll still take it before B&B, which to me is a repetitive, ridiculous POS. If YR was written that way, people would lose their sh-it over how bad it is.

Edited by ranger1rg

• Members

I think another fact is, Y&R is simply finally getting where the other soaps had been for years at this point. The show is a mess. Why would longtime fans want to tune in? New fans?

How does Josh Griffith still have a job? Because no one else wants it?

Obviously now isn't the time I guess to announce anything like that but still ...

Edited by KMan101

That’s hysterical that B&B surpassed Y&R. It has been building for the last year since the stupid re-hiring of Griffith, who failed twice before as headwriter. Hadn’t Y&R been #1 in viewers every single week for thousands of weeks in a row?? Now that record is shattered. What have though done CBS by allowing Griffith to stay?