Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's a very moving article. Though I am not Japanese, nor do I live there, I can relate to living alone and having to manage anxiety tied to the pandemic and my job, my parents' welfare, and all that. 

I have found that having regular appointments on Zoom with friends has really helped, but I can see how in Japan, nobody wants to burden others with their feelings of depression. So they are less likely to confide in people. There is a stigma in talking about one's problems or worries openly.

• Members

I know I've said this before, but Joe Biden is PRECISELY the kind of leader we needed at this point in our nation's history.  He understands exactly how it feels to lose loved ones to forces beyond anyone's control; and instead of pushing junk science and quack cures on the public, or waving it away as some minor annoyance that'll disappear as soon as the weather changes, he's working as quickly as possible to get out the facts AND the vaccine, so that we can stop more people from dying and resume some measure of our normal lives.  No matter what happens from this point forward, he'll always rank among the best in MY book.

Edited by Khan