Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I third the motion about hazard pay. Sadly, that's as likely as getting a stimulus bill together at this point.

Meanwhile, close to home for me and @marceline:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkyc.com/amp/article/news/investigations/beachwood-nursing-outbreak-covid-19/95-4211e718-e0c8-43c8-85c9-4801bd674ce6

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@DramatistDreamer and @Juliajms oh it has gotten much worse. And as someone who has to deal with it, there is no excuse when we all are dealing with anger and frustration and are not taking out on the customers in front of us. I had quite a few people wanting to get attitudes with me cuz I asked them to put on their masks right when they are ordering. Most of these people were regulars. I had to school them on what they presume is rudeness from me is simple straightforwardness and THEN I showed them what being straight blunt was. They backed off quickly if clearly bothered.

One wanted to argue with me over the fact he was wanting a sandwich but wouldn't tell me which sandwich he wanted like I was a mindreader. Since I clocked him before he even entered as someone that was looking to 'play' non-wanta-wear-a-mask...I was not surprised. And he got read and reminded I shouldn't have to say anything at all at this point because we have been dealing with this SINCE MARCH. Aka not a kid, wear the frakking mask or as Mariah Carey would say GTFO. 

Not that I've seen what my mother had to go through and worry about, YES you are not about to get me sick when you can get on your phone you are on 24/7 anyway and GOOGLE how to properly wear a mask and when you should have one. Or...DON'T EAT. 

I will also fourth that. I wish I had it given what I have to deal with. And that is just in the rich part of town. Not the gay neighborhood which actually is worse nor is it where I actually is downtown where people have now taken to acting like a vaccine has been found. Uh...NO.

• Members

There's been a rapid increase in new cases here recently, so yesterday new restrictions were implemented in some regions, including where I live. Libraries, museums and other public buildings have shut down for three weeks, the ban on gatherings of more than 50 that had been relaxed somewhat has been re-introduced. We are also strongly advised to stay away from shopping malls, bars, restaurants etc and only use public transport if it's absolutely necessary. Schools will remain open for the time being, but those who can are strongly recommended to work from home.

• Members

I have been feeling a bit under the weather for the past few days, but I almost always get bronchitis and sinus infections this time of year. So I went to the local urgent care to get checked out...and ended up having a covid test done. I can't go back to work for several more days because I have to self-quarantine, and I probably won't get the results until Wednesday. (Well, at least I can watch all the election coverage I can uninterrupted.) 

• Members

As someone who DID have the virus in March (we didn't get tested because the hospitals didn't have tests and we wouldn't qualify for whatever reason the hospital gave us), I can tell you, it won't manifest itself the same in everyone, but if you are able to take something to control your fever, if you get one, do it. You will likely lose your appetite and everything will taste like paste. I developed a love of orange juice through this time. There will likely be only one or two positions that you can sleep in without coughing uncontrollably, and good luck showering. The steam was good for clearing my lungs out, but I coughed so much I nearly passed out at one point.

Please get as much rest as you can, and good luck

Please register in order to view this content