Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Meanwhile Orange Menace is on his way to backtracking, as he always does.

Despite the fact that this bill is most likely D.O.A., it was shocking that Rep. Peter T. King actually sided with the Dems and voted for this bill! Never thought I'd see that happening but I guess the carnage that New York has suffered, including in his Long Island district, must've knocked some semblance of humanity into him for the time being (I don't expect this to last).

• Members

Belgium, with a Flemish capital (financial) and Francophile capital (cultural) has been a mess politically for years. As I've said so many times, this pandemic has brought into sharp relief all the deficiencies, dysfunctions and structural weaknesses that have been hiding in plain sight in the governments of countries worldwide.

Speaking of political messes and dysfunction, I disagree with the caption that somehow this is a "brutal" takedown.  It is not. It is merely an honest assessment.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
"budge" not budget. I hate these types of typos. ugh.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer that is reprehensible. We're hearing about so many states playing these tricks in one way or another. The sad thing is even the states who are accurate end up with people ignoring the results because all they have to do is nod along with Trump that it's all a lie. 

So many people are so selfish and arrogant in their attitude toward masks, to the point of threatening and getting violent with people who wear them. I've read about store workers getting broken arms after trying to police masks, being told that they will be shot (and one man in Detroit was fatally shot). We have so many elements of our society that are like a dictatorship, but they are happy to let idiots kill themselves in situations like this - and kill the rest of us.