• Members

It's definitely in a better place than DAYS (I also agree it seems they've "switched places" if you will but GH is bordering on going back to where they were a year ago). Oy. 

I at least attempt to watch GH daily. DAYS is a chore and I have so many episodes to catch up on and little desire to do so. I often simply check out the 2 minute teaser NBC Days puts on YouTube to see if it's worth my time. 

I'm frustrated with GH because the momentum was there and I did see Dan trying to turn a corner with certain things but we're kinda back to some of the same stuff that always seems to exist with Frank around. Sigh.

Exactly about the couplings. Ben and Ciara have little rooting value simply because they've barely been apart and all the "obstacles" are really making it "poor Ben". It's awful writing and fan-baiting at it's worst, IMO.

I guess I just have to give up on soaps ever being character studies again. I just can't invest that much anymore. I know others have been at this point a lot longer than I have but we just don't have time to waste anymore and these soaps continue to waste opportunities, actors, etc. I feel like I'm almost at the point of being done, but I never will be. I love the genre and it's potential too much to truly give up.

I definitely feel like they were headed in the Dev/Cam direction but then Dev disappears and now Cam and Trina are starting their awkward kissing phase. IDK. I would have been for it. I thought it actually was starting to make a lot of sense to go in that direction. Teens are still struggling with feelings and emotions at 16/17 so it makes sense they'd all kinda kiss each other and have feelings lol. It just kinda sucks that it's still "such a big deal" to heaven forbid have more than one or two gays at the same time. Wouldn't want that, sigh. lol 

There was also some Dustin/Josslyn thing that was thankfully axed. Not sure why they even proposed something like that. Don't know all the details but the show was NOT going in a good direction before like, October/November of last year. I didn't think that was a Dan idea though.

I really truly feel like Taggert isn't dead. I mean, he was talking to Sonny and Jason, and then Liz, etc. Something is up. Maybe it was sort of testing the waters and because his return got such excitement they change course? Or it could have always been planned. I mean, with Frank adding folks left and right still, you don't dump a "vet" folks are excited to see again, but of course he does (Rebecca Budig was welcomed back by most fans and they were pissed when she was dumped again, yet he can hire, Brook Kerr, and give her a contract (I love Brook that's not the point, lol)? Is she? I don't even know but the overall point stands)

The core focus remains .... wrong.

I get they cost money and are all on recurring, but Lucy, Mac, Felicia, Bobbie and Scott could all be used TEN TIMES better than this. What we see with Laura/Liz/Cameron is what we deserve to see from everyone. It's really a shame they can't bother to use them more than once a month and even then, some of them hardly get any lines. I mean, Cameron calls Laura "Grandma" (which I [!@#$%^&*] love with all of my heart) but no one mentions Lucky?

Why was Lucas alone in the courthouse? Where the [!@#$%^&*] is Bobbie? Carly's too busy of course now that it's not about her anymore. Why was Alexis being a mother figure to Lucas when that should have been Liz, Bobbie, Brook Lynn ... I mean ... they don't even try sometimes.

With all that being said, it's still 100x better than Shelly. And 200x better than Jean Pissy at the helm.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, same. I've sat through [!@#$%^&*] on these soaps and honestly, it's been worse at times. IMO. Not saying any of them are must see but they're all so ... lethargic. They seem afraid to do anything remotely 'risky'. Their failure to evolve and the failure of the audience to let them evolve has been one of their undoings. Of course interference has been one of the true death knells. Running off talented writers. Etc.

I see it a lot with DAYS fans. Some of them are at the point where a lame 'throwback' like this with Stevano/Marlena/John is something they eat up now because .... we just don't expect better anymore. lol. Some are at the point where it's "as long as I'm entertained" and even then ... I'm often NOT entertained. Even during Higley and Tomsell's awful stints on DAYS they had script writers who made it better, in some ways. Now? Lord.

I think GH has upped the comedy a bit in their writing. I'm often entertained even if the actual episode is crap and the focus is horrible.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I sometimes have them on in the background, but these shows are sooo bland. There’s just nothing to capture interest in passing, especially as a now-casual viewer. If you’ve broken the habit, as I mostly have, they’re giving me no reason to get involved again.

• Members

This is where I'm at. Over the years the habit has been breaking and it's a struggle to get back into it. DAYS, for me right now, for example.

You hit the nail on the head. They're bland. There's nothing to capture interest in passing. SO TRUE. 100% accurate. I can put on any episode of any soap from the 80s and early 90s and be drawn in almost immediately, even if the show isn't at their best. I can't say the same anymore. I'd argue that's been a problem since the 2000s but started before that. 

My mom was a hardcore ABC fan until Frons got there. By around 2008/2009 she was just done. I'm surprised she lasted that long.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It is hard not to be bland when they tape eight episodes a week...they lose quality...when I watch days, I see no acting at all....they recite texts with no involvement...they are such in a hurry to finish  an episode....gh still has rehearsals  and more quality value...

happy to see Britt, I hope she is staying for a little while with a good story....a b.tch with a heart...