Days: March 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly. I just kinda despise the almost passive aggressive way they "reform" someone. It's just so lazy but certain stans eat it up so they cater to them. 

I actually liked the idea, shockingly, way back when it first started happening on-screen, but of course they ruined it. And they're wasting Konefal as Ciara. I want so much better for Bo and Hope's kick-ass daughter.

I mean, Steve was a nasty guy when he first showed up and terrorized Hope. It was LAYERED because of his past with Bo. And it wasn't Bo and Hope propping him. Or the show using Kayla to prop him. Jack was allowed to be hated for raping Kayla. Jack *earned* his redemption. There's such a difference and it's a shame we don't get that anymore.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Steve and Jack's redemptions were done right, especially Jack's. It was more character driven and built around the conflicts that Jack had within himself. They really played up the fact that Jack felt like he, the scheming rapist, wasn't good enough for Jennifer, which would have worked perfectly for Ben, the serial killer. 

I'm still somewhat enjoying the show, but I think it's time for Ron to go. He always starts to burn out when he hits three years writing a soap.

• Members

BINGO! on Jack/Ben. Instead, when Ben expresses doubt, it's washed away and he's propped. Sigh. Anywho ...

He's definitely on burn out mode and probably resentful mode being constantly interfered with. I almost feel like some of the writing is them overdoing what they're forced to write (like some of the Maggie/Sarah stuff, for example). It's just so ... 

However, and I have my problems (he's ReRon for a reason) I don't want him to go. He's a hot mess but he gives nods to history and uses certain folks well that have been misued or treated badly for years. If he left Jack would be dead again. Marlena and John pushed aside. IDK. I'm torn on that. I'd need to know who would replace him. Our luck it would be Dena Higley again.

What we need is Albert Alarr to be fired and the interference and Maggie pushing to be stopped. Alarr has issues with John and Marlena having a 'blended' family and seems to stan Suzanne Rogers. You can see where the interference is. The gays have scenes that get cut. John/Marlena have scenes that are cut. Maggie doesn't. There was also that bizarre 'feud' between Deidre and Suzanne. It shouldn't be a competition between Maggie and Marlena

Please register in order to view this content

I miss way back when I used to adore Maggie.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I'd love Lorraine. I agree she'd probably say no. So many don't even want the job (even though deep down they probably do).

Ron needs to be balanced. He was better with Sheri Anderson around. Not perfect by any means but she's kinda needed, clearly. Not sure what impact Ryan Quan has. At least Ron seemed to learn from Sheri to value John and Marlena and feature Deidre Hall. Isn't she damn stunning for 72 years old? Just beautiful and flawless.

DAYS, unfortunately, has been in a rut behind the scenes for years now and there's just too many cooks in the kitchen (all the soaps do and have but DAYS is really a mess). GH you can blame Frank or Chris van Etten. Varni's finally gone from there it seems.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That's unfortunate. The only time I seem to enjoy the show is when they play up the dynamics of John and Marlenas blended family. Ron has done well at times playing that up, but Gary Tomlin really mined its potential when he was the helm.

• Members

It does. It's like they go back and forth every few months between who wants what and it shows. lol

I feel that way right now with GH. Oct-Jan was feeling different than now. Not bad now, by any means, and things are happening, but I felt a shift so I think now we're seeing Chris van Etten's material and Frank's interference. Just a hunch, no confirmation on that.

Same. Ron has many faults but I can see where he tries. I really do. And it is unfortunate that there's such interference. It's become better and I think there's going to continue to be a better shift towards Jarlena and their family. Which is what most fans at this point seem to want. However, Will apparently isn't allowed to know or care. Which is bizarre. So for every step forward they take like two steps backwards ... so to speak, lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

LOL nope. But we heard how of course they were there for him in court, off-screen, during the time jump. Sami and Lucas are supposed to be back at some point though, I think. Or at least Sami/Sweeney. And Marlena was barely used with him, though I get she is often in her own storyline.

I think at the end of the day, Ron slapped a lot of the time jump stuff together and it shows, lol (plus the interference). Adrienne's death was a complete waste, because, of course it was.

One of my biggest Ron gripes is how he kinda wastes our time, so to speak, because, while maybe we're entertained in the moment, things ultimately mean nothing and don't really matter. Everything sort of resets and no one stays mad or angry. It's so weird.

Always kinda thought they could say Adrienne is alive and is how they got Steve. IDK. I mean, a few years ago I was saying "Adrienne is useless" but after seeing her during her death storyline, no she isn't and it's such a waste. I get Judi isn't very available, but why should she be when he wasn't writing for Adrienne? lol. Organs donated? Hi Jack.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Stefano definitely changed gears away from Marlena about 15 to 20 years ago, but I can still buy it?  He was obsessed enough to kidnap her a billion different times so I'll give it a pass.  I think Deidre Hall still looks stunning and Jarlena were great today.  Ridiculous and OTT with a side of bad acting, but their scenes were still good soap to me.   I squealed in my living room over John's dialogue and obviously I could tell it's a show on a shoe string budget but John and Marlena still resonate with me as a soap viewer.