2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was picking.

Please register in order to view this content

I think that I've been on this board long enough to understand why the name Amanda Beall would be an issue in a Co-Writer position.

And if she is the one responsible for 'What Women Want' on AMC...yeeeeah, I am going to have worries as well. Though I will admit for trivial reasons I liked the non-liked brother of the brothers they tried to pair Greenlee with.

• Members

I always associate Amanda L Beall with Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) and her snarky, unfunny dialogue. Chloe was like her muse. I remember when Chloe told Billy (then played by Billy Miller) that she was pregnant, Billy didn't believe he was the father, and Chloe snarked "You wanna check my monthly cycle?" Back in 2008, this was considered daring and ground-breaking. 

If you ever watched Hendrickson (and Eden Reigel who Beall also wrote for on AMC), that should tell you all you need to know. The nasal, baby voices, the vocal fry. Snappy, soulless dialogue talking about nothing at all. Excruciating.

• Members

Not Trey. And yes, Sam Page has. Love him on THE BOLD TYPE.

I was sad to see Trey go cuz yeah he was hot. 

The brothers. I want to say his name was Maximillion while his annoying brother was the Juan Pablo guy. It's been a while. 

• Members

Ewwwww...that explains why I didn't like that dialogue perfectly. I think the only thing I've liked Chloe is when she first came on Y&R and was a vixen, love to hate during the Billy/Mac thing due to loving Billy/Mac, and her exit when Chelsea realized she 'killed' Adam. Otherwise, no.

Yeeeeah. It really was a weird time.

But yeah, Max was pushed hardcore from what I remember to be with Greenlee. Then Juan got introduced and Max that pushed to Simone if I remember correctly and the background until he was killed off. But I was young then and had no use for Juan, but didn't mind Max.

• Members

I got you. In the 2000s, the soap press had such a low bar for what was considered quality. They had such a low opinion of soaps as a genre and saw any pale imitation of what was popping elsewhere (or popped in the ‘90s) as genius. (Except soaps usually took the superficial stuff like the silly banter instead of dynamics like intergenerational family bonds and real friendships.) 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Brent Boyd used to be a script editor (?) on the show. He used to be where Sara Bibel is now in the credits, but I can’t remember who brought him in. Quite hard to gauge his quality as he didn’t write scripts like he did for Monday’s show. 

Prior to joining Y&R first time around, I think he was a playwright?

Basically, I’m not a fount of knowledge

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

He worked with Josh Griffith and JFP on Hollywood Heights and they brought him over with them when they joined in 2012. He left or was fired by Mal in 2017.

I guess it’s safe to say he’s a friend of Griffith’s boring ass.

He Tweeted about leaving the show in 2017.

https://mobile.twitter.com/actualBrentBoyd/status/840322104042053632

Edited by BetterForgotten