Toups

2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

6 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

I didn't hear Dansby say she's temporary. She's back as a storyline writer/editor I believe (taking over for Amanda Beall who's now co-headwriter).

It was hard to tell what she said since Alan interrupted her during the chat.

3 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

It was hard to tell what she said since Alan interrupted her during the chat.

I appreciate what he's doing but he needs to stop with the interruptions. His interruptions are annoying as hell. At one point, Passanante was talking about the interference she was getting and he interrupted her. I didn't watch the OLTL interview but I loved how Sharon Gabet starting laughing when he referenced her and Mark Arnold as being a major couple on The Edge of Night. That was horribly embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

So Beall is the only female HW in daytime at the moment...

I guess so.

has she ever been a HW before?

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Screenshot-20200808-174142-Samsung-Internet

Was this in any way related to the Covid period where most of the writing team were furloughed? Because I noticed they were the only 2 writers listed for that episode.

Though given the fact that Amanda Beall has moved ‘up the order’ of credits over the last few months, she may very well be Co-HW now.

1 minute ago, LondonScribe said:

Was this in any way related to the Covid period where most of the writing team were furloughed? Because I noticed they were the only 2 writers listed for that episode.

Though given the fact that Amanda Beall has moved ‘up the order’ of credits over the last few months, she may very well be Co-HW now.

No idea, I guess we will see, Josh said they had a meeting with Sony, Maybe they decided to give him a co HW.

Hopefully that is temporary. It’s a shame she’s even on staff, let alone a potential HW. She’s always written the worst scripts. She is more of an ABC writer. If anything, with Susan Dansby returning and the changes in media, they should be making a statement by making HER a co-HW. I loved the work she did on Ambitions with Jamey and Michele Val Jean, and the things she’d tweet about pitching made sense and added a lot to the show. She would be a fresh voice for the show.  

Just because you're a "bad" script writer doesn't mean she won't have good ideas (if she is Co-HW).  Same goes for being a "good" SW - it doesn't mean you'll be a good HW.   At least she's not another recycled HW. 

Did Sarah Bibel do somthing to P*ss them off? First she was demoted to breakdown writer, than (possibly) again skipped over for Amanda beall as Co HW. 

2 hours ago, LondonScribe said:

it might have been, But wouldn't they have kept her in the associate writer section? 

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Did Sarah Bibel do somthing to P*ss them off? First she was demoted to breakdown writer, than (possibly) again skipped over for Amanda beall as Co HW. 

If anyone has been skipped over, it's Janie Ferri Esser and Natalie Minardi Slater, both of whom have the longest association with the show of anyone on that team. 

2 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

If anyone has been skipped over, it's Janie Ferri Esser and Natalie Minardi Slater, both of whom have the longest association with the show of anyone on that team. 

True!, If the show was gonna promote from within, Should have been one of them