2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I appreciate what he's doing but he needs to stop with the interruptions. His interruptions are annoying as hell. At one point, Passanante was talking about the interference she was getting and he interrupted her. I didn't watch the OLTL interview but I loved how Sharon Gabet starting laughing when he referenced her and Mark Arnold as being a major couple on The Edge of Night. That was horribly embarrassing.

• Members

Was this in any way related to the Covid period where most of the writing team were furloughed? Because I noticed they were the only 2 writers listed for that episode.

Though given the fact that Amanda Beall has moved ‘up the order’ of credits over the last few months, she may very well be Co-HW now.

• Members

Hopefully that is temporary. It’s a shame she’s even on staff, let alone a potential HW. She’s always written the worst scripts. She is more of an ABC writer. If anything, with Susan Dansby returning and the changes in media, they should be making a statement by making HER a co-HW. I loved the work she did on Ambitions with Jamey and Michele Val Jean, and the things she’d tweet about pitching made sense and added a lot to the show. She would be a fresh voice for the show.  

• Administrator

Just because you're a "bad" script writer doesn't mean she won't have good ideas (if she is Co-HW).  Same goes for being a "good" SW - it doesn't mean you'll be a good HW.   At least she's not another recycled HW.