2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Donny Sheldon out at GH. He was assistant to Valentini for 4 years then joined the writing team for 2 years as script writer/breakdown writer. I think his last script was April 7. He updated his linked in profile to reflect that he left ABC in Jan 2020. Dave Rupel is the replacement writer GH hired in Jan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One thing that has become really clear to me as I re-view some of these classic episodes of various soaps: there is a world of difference in levels of autonomy between a headwriter who is also the creator of his and her own show and a headwriter who is the latest in a line of headwriters that came before him or her. 

Even with a headwriter who is particularly talented and excellent, he or she might have a bit more leeway but there are still definite limits and most will have a mandate when entering the writer's room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Haha how did I miss this? I thought I had seen his name credited a while back but I guess with Y&R being the pits I didn’t think much of it since I remember he spread the news of Sheffer’s passing last year. 

His best soap work was probably his MySpace blog he had.