2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

Posted (edited)

Gundaker did become producer of ATWT in 1996. She should've gotten the EP job then instead of awful Valente.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad to hear that Y&R is in good hands with Ms.Gundaker.  I'm not a Y&R viewer, but I'm all for seeing all four remaining American daytime soaps stay on the air for as long as we can have them.

Though this sounds very promising, is it likely that she’ll have any sort of tangible influence given that’s she’s not a ‘Supervising Producer’?

Vivian Gundaker is a good hire for Y and R. I read am article that while she was on ATWT she was the go to person about the history and ,character motivation . Something future writers and producers could have benefitted from!

On 3/6/2020 at 4:45 AM, LondonScribe said:

Though this sounds very promising, is it likely that she’ll have any sort of tangible influence given that’s she’s not a ‘Supervising Producer’?

She’ll have zero influence over content. She does not sit in on story meetings. Her job is to get the scenes done as quick as possible and to resolve issues that come up during shooting as quickly as she can. (A camera goes down; a prop fails; a door knob falls off when someone tries to open a door; scheduling). Those issues. She has zero say in story or production. Zero. 

Posted (edited)

Dave Rupel is back on the GH writing team as a script writer according to his recent FB post; his scripts begin airing in late April.

Edited by RavenWhitney
1 hour ago, RavenWhitney said:

YR script writer Sara Ensley added to associate head writer list on YR today.

Hopefully she has some influence and good story ideas.Josh needs help!

1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

Josh needs help!

No, Josh needs to formulate new life goals.

2 hours ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

- Tom Casiello first listed as Script Writer on March 24

Guess this means "Black Rabbit" and "Cut the crap!" about to re-enter the SON lexicon.

2 hours ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

Ewwwww......why?

11 minutes ago, Khan said:

Guess this means "Black Rabbit" and "Cut the crap!" about to re-enter the SON lexicon.

+1 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

Really? 😳

Didn’t see that coming.

Edited by LondonScribe
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Khan said:

Oh geez...remember when Nellie Oleson, DC and friends were bringing up comparisons to Doug Marland because he worked for him? 

The amount of breathless hype for that rotgut era of Y&R still bewilders me. Imagine the idea of "Jack Abbott, black rabbit" being praised to the skies. The last time I heard such cheesy dialogue was in the '70s Bond movies. At least those were entertaining.

Edited by DRW50