Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The writing is deadly for them, and Freddie Smith nails that coffin shut. The guy playing Evan is  incredibly good looking, and if FS can’t do gay chemistry with him, he can’t do it with anyone.

Just once I’d love to see the gay boys in Salem ACT like gay boys — energetic, fun, sexual, and even horny. Sonny and Evan act like they’re ready to do some quilting.

• Members

In the latest SOD there's an interview with Days production designer Tom early. about the new sets.

They wanted more space and versatility so Doug's Place became Julie's Place which is smaller and more current - think'farm to table' He wanted the decor and feel to be more contemporary.

For the hospital set, they eliminated an elevator so that another room could be added.

He talks about the blue room and how it was obviously the same room, even when when redressed.

So now there is a more neutral space with a window that is redressed.

Eli's apartment, Gina's lair and Basic Black are the same set.

Di Mera Enterprises is also John and Marlena's townhouse.

They have covers for the existing walls and it takes about 2 hours to reset the space.

• Members

@Antoyne @ranger1rg In one episode, Ron basically undid everything accomplished during the previous 2 months with Kristen. Do they not watch the dailies? Kristen being cool/grounded and then paired with Lani is seriously the best surprise from the TJ. And that was a lot closer to the ‘real’ Kristen - calculating and clever, not basic and thirsty.

SH being unhinged just doesn’t work for her and it showed after the previous few weeks of restraint. If the end goal isn’t to keep Kristen/Brady viable, then why even have Kristen around?There’s absolutely no viable pairing left for that character. 

• Members

Today's episode was pretty solid. I think all the storylines that were featured in today's episode are working. Gabi is a fun little bitch and in retrospect it's  such a shame that Gabi/Stefan got cut short. DAYS also does such a great job blending the vets with the younger characters and having interesting diverse characters.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

We can't have that. Leo was "too gay" for the pearl clutchers, remember .... but a fun gay would be nice for a change. Will could be a mess but they don't bother. I don't mind some blander gays, I'm not exactly a walking stereotype so it's slightly more realistic to me, but not to everyone, I get it. I'd love some balance. A variety. But heaven forbid we have more than 3. I mean, we could have had Paul the white knight, Leo the messy bitch, Will the messy slut, and Sonny the control freak. But nope. Sonny and Will are as bland as they come and Paul's gone and Leo was "too gay". 

Freddie Smith just gives folks nothing to work with acting wise. Lord. 

Pretty sure he's headed for a trip to crazy town. (It's speculation Toups, not a spoiler ...)

Edited by KMan101

Whatever character growth Lani & Kristen got seems to have been forgotten. They have both reverted back to factory settings. As much as i used to like Vic. I wouldn't mind if he kicked the bucket. The only interesting  thing was seeing Nicole & John share a scene together.  At least the bland gays didn't appear today. Didn't feel like seeing Sonny bear drooling all over Evan.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton