Days: OG returns to Role

• Members

Louise Sorel back as Vivian

From Jason 47

NICOLAS COSTER CONFIRMS LOUISE SOREL IS RETURNING TO "DAYS"...

In an interview posted recently, actor Nicolas Coster, who worked with Louise Sorel on "Santa Barbara", confirmed that Louise has returned to "Days." He stated that is the reason Louise could not make the Santa Barbara Reunion Cruise, which took place the week of November 4-November 8, 2019. "Days" was taping episodes for July 2020 at the time, so look for Vivian to be back at some point in 2020. This time frame coincides with Robin Strasser, who played Vivian in 2019, tweeting in October 2019 that the show informed her that "they won't be using me again." Coster's remarks appear around the 1:24:00 mark in the interview:

https://youtu.be/wmDQIrmyIaU?t=5044

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And unless she's sticking around full time (no idea on that one) she could already be done taping by the time she airs. lol. It's so bad.

I thought she was kinda better than she's been given credit for. Some of it was messy, some of it wasn't bad. It was kind of all over the place though from the wigs to the wardrobe to her acting. At least it was nice to see her. I always figured Louise just couldn't/wouldn't make much of an effort to return for a drive by so they asked her bestie and someone similar in looks to fill in. But turns out Robin never asked her about it, LOL! Sounds like there's a bit more to this story ...

• Members

Glad LS will be back. Considering RS stepped into the role for 15 episodes, nearly all of which were plot-based from what I recall - being held hostage in that apartment, dashing off to shoot and bury Kate alive, trying to kill her in the hospital and the flying Stefan - I thought she handled the wretched writing and circumstances better than expected. I did think the Blair/Eve 'pep talk' scene was well done.   

I also suspected LS would return with Stefan when RS was so adamant about not being needed. Right now, I'd gladly trade Stevano/Princess G for Stefan/Vivian. 

• Members

Honestly though, it just pisses me off even more that they bothered to recast - if they have to film so far ahead, why not at least use that to their advantage and just delay filming of those scenes until Louise Sorel was available? It's not like the episodes had to be rushed to air.

• Members

I feel like based on her recent tweets about feeling bad for not contacting her friend, Days most likely lies to Strasser and made it seem like Sorel couldn’t or didn’t want to return. Why else would she say she regrets not reaching out to her friend first? They probably just did it for the buzz tbh. 

• Members

That would makes sense, but probably contract/scheduling issues with all the other actors and production. A lot of her scenes had multiple actors in them - the hostage stuff, Kate/hospital, etc. It would be different, if say, Vivian were locked in the tunnels with drop-ins by one or two other actors. 15 episodes - probably like 50-60 scenes? That's a lot for DAYS' tight budget to work around.  

• Members

I didn't take RS as being sore about it at all.

EDIT: Robin was the one who didn't talk to Louise about taking the role when Louise couldn't/wouldn't return (the episodes that aired in September 2019). It wasn't at all about Louise "checking with Robin" ... just wanted to clarify.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

RS seemed salty that she wasn't going to be playing Vivian again when she made those comments about giving herself credit for the ratings going up or something.  I love RS but I don't think she always thinks before she speaks... aaand, she doesn't always articulate herself well... like years ago when she was in a pretty intense contract renegotiation and she very publicly threatened to walk over money... then she later clarified that her issue wasn't with taking a pay cut, it was that they were offering her significantly less than what they were paying some newer male "stars" (always assumed she was alluding to Trevor St. John and Michael Easton)... she could have just said that in the first place lol.  She's so fantastic but she seems to not catch any breaks but she never helps herself out, either.

• Members

That is lovely news. Robin was totally miscast and I was really disappointed in her recasting as Vivian. I did not think a single one of her scenes was good. And I think Robin herself, based on her voluminous Twitter, wasn't happy with a lot of it herself, particularly in regard to how she looked, but that it did reignite her passion to act. 

I think there's lots of backstory BS about what happened. I think it's telling that Robin didn't speak to Louise before accepting it. That strikes me as odd with a friend.