Days: OG returns to Role

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel like it was the rush. DAYS told her she had five days to get ready and obvious she'd have to memorize dialogue as well. Due to the rush of it she could've assumed they asked Louise and she said no hence the need for an emergency recast. I still think DAYS did it on purpose for a little casting buzz and never asked Louise to return.

• Members

lol, I agree with you on Robin

It felt rushed so I do believe that part. I also think they wanted Robin for some buzz, but I also can believe Louise might have turned them down for such a quick visit in such a quick turn-around. There's definitely a little more to this than we're getting. I'm just glad Louise agreed to return. I think most folks panicked when she was unhappy with leaving in 2018 (that felt rushed then too) and that she'd never come back, then the Robin recasting ... so I'm guessing this return is longer than a drive by but who knows?

I'm glad she's back in the role.

• Members

Robin said she left Louise a message once she arrived in Burbank. I think Robin was going to accept the offer with or without Louise's blessing and figured it was best not to reach out at all at the risk of looking disingenuous had Louise not given her said blessing. I just find it extremely suspicious that Louise was given such short notice to return. There are so many people involved on a television show, so many working parts, planning, and organizing going on behind the scenes. I can absolutely see someone being offered a last minute recast position but giving they're vet less than a week notice seems unusual. 

Also, you know damn well Robin would see red had she been unemployed and they approached another actress to play Dorian. It was different when they hired Elaine because Robin was happily out of Rauch's orbit and doing quite well in primetime out on the coast. This whole scenario never sat right with me only because I distinctly remember the interview where Robin talks about how she and Louise promised (even if jokingly) not to accept one another's parts. I dunno, I'd be interested to hear Louise's take, maybe she couldn't give a damn.