‘DAYS’ Cast Released from Contracts — Find Out What It Means

Errol

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

exactly. the entire production company knew months ago this would happen. Chandler Massey tweeted that they all will return next next. but it's a business move to save money...it made no sense I guess to NBC and CP to pay everyone with the studios shut down.

• Members

The show....and how many times have we said this.....hasn't been able to tell proper SLs because of the budget? because of an avalanche of truly God-awful writing, bad acting, plotting that should have gotten the show canceled IMPO, and so much material that can't even be referenced because the owner/jacka** in charge has buried this show? and is Sony that deeply under water financially that they can't properly finance DOOL and Y&R?

• Members

I see mainstream media has turned this into a panic, but I'm glad it's gotten DAYS attention, good or bad, lol. 

I'm not worried. The DAYS cast is loyal and most won't jump ship. They were all aware of this, it's no surprise and it makes good sense. Why pay all these people when the show is dark for months?

And NBC *does* want to keep the show (I know that shocks some but it shouldn't, this is the most buzz DAYS has had in ages and let's not pretend it doesn't do better than some of their single camera sitcoms). I just don't trust Sony.

Also, DAYS is 100% the show that will continue online somehow, IMHO. Pretty sure it's the top show on the NBC app.

This is always the little show that could now. It was deemed "dead" in 2007 by idiot Zucker (and probably would be if he didn't get to ruin CNN) and it's still here, getting lots of mainstream buzz and getting folks talking again.

And Days (and GH) have the most rabid fanbases of the soaps left so they'd never let it die. LOL. 

I'm just not worried. Is what it is at this point. I'm glad they'll no longer be 8 months ahead. That's just ludicrous and doesn't actually save them as much as people think. But I worry they fall into that same trap again. They HAVE to be able to react more quickly. It's why 9 months later we see characters come back (hi: Stefan)

Edited by KMan101