Days: Time Jump Previews

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Evan is about a basic stereotype casting as possible. He looks like one of the ‘morphs’ from Michael Jackson’s ‘Black or White’ video from 30 years ago! But I’m for more representation on canvas. 

Good thing none of the Sonny fatshamers here and elsewhere wouldn’t be so bold to ask for ‘unconditional acceptance.’ 

Sadly, the Will character has none of the interesting traits of either of his legacy parents or grandparents. The writers have played it far too safe with Will. How the heck does Will have 50% Sami and 25% Kate blood? Baby switch? Unlike Hope on B&B who has been intentionally written to be the moral opposite of Brooke, Will has been neutralized from having any interesting or ‘bad’ traits. It’s a real disservice to the legacy and to the actor. 

• Members

@Dr Neil Curtis I had no idea Sami had 5 children. Since Will’s the only one on canvas, I do think it would benefit CM to give Will an edge. Im sure part of CM’s trademark smirk and inappropriate smiles is that he is just bored with the milquetoast material.

While he doesn’t have to go all dark side, some real gray would make him far more interesting.

More than that, it would help further the journey that treats gay characters the same as their hetero counterparts. It was laughable that Kate, of all people, would get all up in Sonny’s face about a kiss. That was an extreme overreaction, especially since Will pushes Sonny away. Better: Kate sharing her experiences with separations/troubles and asking Sonny if he really does want to move on from Will and what that means. 

• Members

I like that Will generally is the "opposite" of Lucas & Sami... however, they've given him bouts of being a hot mess and he's always portrayed as the unstable one in Wilson.  So, ya, he's just very poorly characterized.  I'd like it if they mentioned from time to time that he was also raised by Austin & Carrie and what effect that had on him.

And that's just Kate.  She was batsh!t when it came to meddling in Austin, Billie, Lucas, and Philip's lives... but after she basically became a DiMera (ugh) by 2010, that part of her character became way less pronounced.  After developing a very special relationship with Adrienne, though, Kate should be taking more of an interest in Sonny apart from the Wilson drama.

• Members

Makes sense and would actually be a great twist.  I forget but in one of the first TJ episodes, Vic gave Maggie an AA chip... I don't know if that was supposed to be from when she relapsed after Holly (Hollie?) "died" or if they kept it vague because she relapsed again...?  If this rumor pans out, it'd be cool if that clue was imbedded in the writing that subtly.

However, this could just be spec. and it could still turn out that Will is covering for someone else that was drunk and blacked out... like Sonny.

I remember when Zach died and a lot of people thought there'd be a twist that it wasn't Chelsea texting who killed him, but a drunk Nicole (who was basically an alcoholic then and Ari was leaving for the first time).

• Members

Personally, I have nothing against his weight. For me, it's more his lack of energy, and the distractingly bad hair/clothes. I think they put more makeup on Galen Garing than some of the women, yet FS always looks pale and unhealthy.