B&B November 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I happened to catch a few minutes yesterday - looks like they may be giving Quinn something again.  I can forsee her and Shauna having a big falling out when Eric gets angry that Shauna is driving a wedge between Ridge and Brooke, and Eric threatens to kick Quinn to the curb for defending Shauna.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@sheilaforever Bottom line: the vat served on purpose - ‘even good people do bad things.’ Shameless Thomas propping. B&B even promoted the gif on its Twitter page. C’mon.

Hope’s 24 hours of freaking out after defending herself after Thomas chased and was ready to assault her compared to what Thomas has done during past 6 months? That’s not the way you rehabilitate a character. I’m all for righting Thomas because the writers went way too far with a legacy character, but I’m not buying this at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lol I was going to comment on something and realized there is No December thread. I don’t blame anyone for not creating one with this drivel! But nope nobody cares about a Fashion showdown. The only element I like the show is doing at the moment is having Steffy be “above it all”

so speak even if the narrative keeps hurling hints. 

Anyways, I see that Thudley is developing his own Adam & Sharon story with Thomas & Hope at the moment. Even Shauna is onto Thomas, which makes Ridge look even dumber.

The even worse thing is that there is absolutely nothing else going on at the moment. As in there is one story and that’s it. Sally calling Wyatt “Liam” was beyond stupid, would’ve connected better if she said Thomas but since he’s already eaten up the show we’re left with this. 

• Members

The day I watched they did the full opening credits.  It seemed like half the pictures were of people no longer on the show.  Still showing Wayne Brady, Hunter Tylo, the girl who played Maya, Xander, and I think I saw Zoe?  Did I miss anyone?  half the people aren't even on the show now.  

• Members

For one hot minute the show seemed like it was getting good again and becoming more balanced, but then came the vat of acid.  If this show wasn't half an hour (or about 15 minutes after FF'ing thru commercials) I'd be free of soaps.

Edited by crc

• Members

@Soaplovers @crc B&B sure is investing a lot of time with Thomas. I'm not sure of the endgame here - are they trying to 'reform' him or are we heading to a 'no turning back' point with the character?  The quick shots of Hope's body parts certainly implies the latter because it only reinforces Thomas' inherent creepiness and does nothing to make him likable in any manner.

I still don't understand the lack of Sally in all of this. Sally, of all characters, would be the one to bring him off the brink. It also could create a new angle with Liam and Wyatt. Liam would actually want Sally to get more involved with Thomas to keep him away from Hope, while Wyatt would want the exact opposite. That's far more plausible than the Zoe stretch.

• Members

Any day if I turn it 0n for 5 minutes it's the Thomas show (along with Liam and Hope.) It was clear to me that Thomas is their answer to Adam on Y&R.  Too much of one face.  I had it on the other day and Ridge was arguing that Thomas is magically all better.  I was like add him to the list of dumb characters. Hope gets whatever she deserves from Thomas for continuing to mess with him.  Already forgot he kept dead baby swap secret.

• Members

This Thomas feels like a completely different character than the Pierson Fode version, which would account for the lack of Sally. I hate when soaps decide to totally reboot a character, especially when it wasn’t that long ago that we saw the previous iteration.

• Members

@Faulkner 100% with the switch. But it seems like the PF version with Sally was the outlier and was effective in erasing Thomas' previous creep factor. Think of Brooke on the island and, of course, the C2 bedding while she was under the influence. It's like the recast and reverted. Still, with Sally working at FC now, it's a very strange omission to not utilize her as a friend. Having Sally call out Thomas' moves or advise him would add some depth to a very contained story. Zoe can't fill that void.

• Members

LOL, I remember it was ten years ago during "Everyone REALLY hates Rick!" storyline we had Drew Tyler Bell's Thomas setting off a car bomb in Rick's car. Not having Rick around also leaves a huge gap in this story as well as it really should be a Rick vs. Thomas angle as Rick looks out to protect Hope, how much they clashed back then as well as clashing over Caroline when she first came to town. 

Given Thomas' past relations with Oliver Jones and more recently Vinny, they probably should have let Thomas turn out to be gay back when they were trying to hint at it in 2011.