B&B November 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

This is so bad it is kind of hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing. Can't believe it was only a few years earlier they had that iconic scene where Deacon made Brooke, Rick and Eric listen to him taking Bridget's virginity. (Although actually I can believe that, didn't Brad Bell take over in 2002?).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What was really funny about the Vat scenes - were that - people walking around in HAZMAT suits, other people who are around it, sometimes coughing, sometimes not.  And today - having normal conversations while people walk in HATMAT suits.

• Members

Hope should die.  They're giving her the Katie scene-chewing scenes.  1:37 to 1:42 PM Eastern Standard Time - for 5 minutes.  And Ridge bellowing that Douglas needs to be with the "Family" - the "Forresters".  HUN, last time I checked, you're only Forrester by name.  #EricAinYoDaddy  

• Members

It's quite a bummer that I've finally caught up with the show AND have been enjoying it lately and now the BOUND TO HAPPEN reveal that Thomas is still alive is delayed through those preemptions. Good to hear that B&B was broadcast today!

And I second one motion: Hope needs to die. She is a piece of trash to Kimberly Fairchild proportions. Even moreso than previous Hope or Ivy...

• Members

I also think this will be "the twist". That they had already changed the liquid in the vat by thetime Thomas fell into it. I'm more curious as to when he will be back and if we get some Hope Haunting in the meantime. Kinda like Adam gaslighting Ashley back in the day on Y&R. But this time we all will be rooting for the villain, I guess. LOL

• Members

I binged from last Monday through Tuesday's double-episode:

1) Hope's pushing Thomas into vat was shown 3 times in the initial episode! 

2) Thomas popping up in the vat at end of 11/11 episode looking pretty good kinda spoiled it from beginning.

3) Charlie working special security detail, but more than willing to watch Douglas Hope runs off

4) Aren't there security cameras all over Forrester? 

5) I kinda wish they had flipped Hope's narrative to "You know what, Mom? I was defending myself from the man who tried to attack me again and left his son alone in a storage closet. I did NOTHING wrong!" 

6) Brooke's "As a chemist..." cracked me up.

7) Hope

Please register in order to view this content

at the end of the 11/19 episode #2

I'm guessing after airing only 3 episodes last week and facing the same situation this week, they probably posted it on-line because of the mess that will happen with Thanksgiving/Christmas. I put spoiler tags in case the episode airs tomorrow.

• Members

Apparently with the impeachment hearings there was a massive scheduling snafu in which perhaps more than half the country saw We’d 11/20’s episode get aired on Tues 11/19, and then the 11/20 aired again today lol. All eps are up online but now but it should be noted the Fri 11/15 ep was replayed on Mon 11/18. I think the situation is finally sorting itself out.

• Members

Poor Charlie, he's working so much overtime on that special detail and it turns out the hazardous material had already been removed. 

I did like the scenes with Thomas/Hope - especially the lighting and the way Hope's relief and 'joy' turned appropriately dark by the end. Based on the "Even good people have secrets" gif on B&B's twitter, the show is trying to push a different narrative for Thomas. It's pretty inevitable where this going. 

KKL's command of her living room set is impressive from Ridge to Hope back to Ridge back to Hope over several episodes - it was VERY Stephanie-like (in the best possible way). I hope someday KKL gets the opening and closing shots of B&B instead McC.  

• Members

I just saw the "double-episode". Final thoughts: Eh, what!?

First it should be noted that the preemptions were probably a good 'cause for the first time in mannnnnny months/years I was super excited to watch NEW B&B episodes. I never doubted that Thomas is alive but I must give Brad Bell credit that this stupid idea is a very good one. That said; please don't let the ending with Thomas & Hope hugging not be reality. Puhhhhleeze!

There are probably 1000 other and better storyline TWISTS which could have been used to get Thomas out of the vat and back into the storyline mix. Brooke remembering her chemist days (LMAO!!!) and channelling her inner Walter White by pushing Jesse Pinkman eh Hope to keep the lid on the fact that HER STEP-SON perished in acid was just too golden. I still wanted Hope to die but I thought Annika Noelle did pretty good in what is rare: a silent and 2-minute-long solo scene at the end of the episode where Thomas walks out of the bathroom. For some reason, he was for once not being shirtless even though he must have either walked out of the shower like Bobby Ewing OR sitting on the loo for the last couple of hours...

I was also desperate for either Steffy, Charlie or Jake to find some sort of trace of Thomas at Forrester Creations - next to the where the vat stood of course. Or some camera footage raising suspicion. I'm still hoping that some of this will happen, but right now I'm really bummed by this anticlimactic cliff-hanger. 

• Members

4 episodes aired. On Tuesday, an error resulted in what would've been the 3rd episode of the week being aired in some parts of the country instead of the one planned 11/19(1). That 'forward' episode is known as 11/19(2). That episode ended up airing on Thursday on the West Coast only.  Monday and Friday were the only 2 episodes that were broadcast normally. 

I'm trying to keep track of all the episodes for all soaps in the "Pre-emption" thread because it's been incredibly chaotic and confusing as episodes are only partially or fully broadcast in some markets while fully pre-empted in other. I presume it's only going to get worse in December and January.