B&B November 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

@soapfan770 Don't be ridiculous. The audience would never believe there are gay/pan/bi male fashion designers in LA.

Please register in order to view this content

Thomas would be the perfect character to be portrayed as fluid. I always believed LG also could've pulled it off as C2. I'm still sad that Bell chose his only attempt at representation by turning his first true POC leading lady into that Myron mess and sending KM into oblivion.   

And, yes, Jacob Young is sorely missed on so many fronts. Shoot Rick or Deacon returning would certainly inject more into this story. Plus, you get Rick/Ridge battling for FC/Eric's attention again and this so-called Showdown (Rick/Hope v Ridge/Steffy). FC is way too harmonious with Eric/Ridge/Steffy at the top.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol after all those scenes of Thomas & Vinny hanging out in their wife beaters and boxer briefs back in the summer the show had never gotten that homoerotic before. 

I still can't believe all the trouble the show went to recast Thorne with Ingo Rademarcher and then fumbled so badly by doing nothing with him except marry and divorce him off to Katie Logan. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Anyone watch Tamron Hall or Kelly Clakson “y’all?” Or wish The Chew was back?  The Real or Wendy?  The Talk? These people needa be looking for work.  Daytime dramas are crashing and burning and nothing is saving it.  Too many actors, too much expense, too many crew.  It’s going down. I hope the veteran actors and actresses invested and saved well.  Most will never work again - and sorry - I think have been stupid. I remember several dancing on cancelled soaps graves.  Now it’s you. 

I remember 2 years ago Scott Clifton from B&B saying that we’re unique. We do on location and travel shoots and no one else does. Hunty in the 80s and 90s everyone did it. It’s not paying off now and it’s why that big location shoot didn’t happen the last 2 years. 

• Members

So Brooke just spent 2 or 3 episodes talking about how she doesn't want Hope working with Thomas because 'he's dangerous' and she 'needs to get Hope out of there.' Um, was Brooke part of the reason why Hope went for joint custody of Douglas? So it's 'dangerous' to be working at FC with dozens of people around, but it's OK to spend time together raising Douglas?

This is where B&B's singular focused stories (aka Thomas is the topic of every conversation) goes completely off the rails. It reminds of the "Quinn is TOXIC!" episodes where every segment had some various of that theme.

Gosh, break the Thomas-focus with at least two scenes focused on other characters - like Quinn talking to Sally about Wyatt and Quinn mentioning Shauna to Steffy. As far as I can tell, those are the only other stories that even have embers. I can't think of anything else that brewing at all. 

• Members

I wonder if preemptions pushed the holiday celebrations out? But yeah it was weird that the other soaps were trimming the tree while B&B was all Thomas, all the time. Nothing at all felt festive or seasonal.

It feels like the show has retconned Sally’s relationship with Thomas out? The problem with not being a consistent viewer is that you don’t see every conversation, but Sally’s chat with Steffy was weird.

• Members

@soapfan770 B&B has the benefit of the seemingly fastest production schedule. When the first pre-emptions started in mid-Nov, they were probably filming mid-December, so they probably just scrapped all the Xmas-related scenes. It could explains why the past few episodes were so Thomas-concentrated. Some of those scenes were probably meant for other episodes. Just a guess. We'll see if anything Xmas shows up next week.

On another front. Was it even mentioned why Karen (grandmother) & Bill (uncle/family protector) didn't get involved in any of the Douglas drama? I get JJ probably isn't available for scenes, but Karen certainly would've had brother Bill intervene on her behalf.

I get they are trying to force us into buying/rooting for a Hope/Thomas reunion and Douglas is a means to an end. However, Bill loved C2 and would never let Thomas harm that child. If Bill had been the one to encourage Hope to go for joint-custody, I could've bought that. Plus, Bill could've sold it with Liam, who strangely doesn't acknowledge that Douglas is his blood.

• Members

For some reason B&B has not done catchup eps like Y&R did i.e. air new eps on the holidays when B&B aired encore eps or. not at all. I think Y&R is 2 days behind atm. Interestingly enough 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

What a mess... wouldn't they at least have released the holiday scenes as their bonus content online then? I never bother to look at it, but if it were the Thanksgiving or Christmas content, I would. Also annoyed they aired a non-classic on Christmas day instead of catching up. 

At least with Y&R, even though they were a couple of episodes behind at Christmas, the holiday mood was still there because everything was decorated (and they really did a beautiful job this year) and the characters were discussing the upcoming Christmas plans.  The latest B&B episodes are so out of place they as may as well have aired in summer.

If they are editing things they could very easily just edit a week's worth of these boring Thomas episodes into one day... maybe two LOL.

• Members

I agree the overall look and feel of Y&R did help set a holiday mood, even with it being behind. Things still had a nice flow and feel to it. (And Y&R still has some Christmas stuff that will be airing).

Yeah, that is pretty much all we got. And even those mentions didn't happen until almost like a full week after Thanksgiving in real life. Not only did the impeachment hearings set B&B back, but they didn't air new episodes on Thanksgiving or the day after it. (On that Friday I don't think they even showed an episode at all but aired football instead). B&B really hasn't done much with the holidays this year so far, with an exception being Halloween. (Which they were shown celebrating.)

Edited by xtr