RIP Doris Day

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've just posted several links to her songs on my FB page.  How could I not?  When so many singers believe they have to perform all sorts of annoying vocal tricks just to grab listeners' attention, it's always nice to hear one who just stepped in front of that microphone (or onto that soundstage) and sang.  

You listen to Doris Day sing, and you just know God is in His Heaven and all else is right with the world.

Thank you, Doris.  May you RIP.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I was just watching Send Me No Flowers last night on DVD and now to find out she has passed is a shock. She was one of those rare celebrities that everyone seemed to love along with Annette Funicello. R.I.P. sweet Doris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Her voice was heavenly, but if any of you want to check out some of her movies, I would heartily recommend Pillow Talk, Calamity Jane, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Love me or Leave Me, Lover Come Back, and In Moonlight Bay. She was underrated as an actress and screen presence IMO and I absolutely adore all those movies.