Y&R: Female Character Possibly Exiting

• Members

According to the site Daytime Indulgence, they are hearing from multiple sources that Cait Fairbanks is leaving the show. This hasn't been confirmed yet by Cait. There have been reports that a younger person leaving the show and many predicted it would be Tessa. 

http://www.daytimeindulgence.com/2019/04/exclusive-cait-fairbanks-out-at-y.html?m=1

I think we will learn very shortly whether this news is true or not. If it is true, I think that this upcoming music storyline with Cait will be her exit storyline. I could see Tessa doing something shady again and finally leaving town. It did seem like the show has been foreshadowing this week, that she may do something shady again. With Devon saying she can't be trusted and telling Ana to watch out for her. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn’t mind this. I felt this character has been through so much in such a little time and has never truly jumped out of the screen. Now with Ana, Summer and Elena they have viable actresses in that age range so I’m perfectly fine getting rid of her. As for the Mariah angle, it’s not like they feature their romance anyway so I’m not upset to potentially lose Teriah. 

• Members

It's hilarious to see some Twitter outrage over Tessa possibly exiting. "THANK YOU HOMOPHOBES" was blasted. Um, maybe the character just ... you know ... SUCKED! And the actress was so blah. I'm sure you have the pearl clutchers who resist, but things always get painted in a negative way. TESSA SUCKED AS A CHARACTER. THE ACTRESS WAS LIMITED. That's why she's gone.

Well, she is bi, so they have that "out" ... but who would they pair her with? I don't see them bringing anyone new in for her, personally. I guess they can do the Kevin thing again. But ... no thanks.

Ana's free and ready to mingle. I imagine Ana/Mariah is an option (of course, will they have the discussion of how Mariah and Devon had a fling for a while? lol ...). Not my first choice but I'm not against it. I also don't agree it's a way to avoid pairing Ana with a 'legacy' man. Some of ya'll give them a little too much credit with thinking about these things. Not everything is a conspiracy. I imagine Nate/Elena/Devon will be a thing. Abby should be included in that. Though Hilary would be better

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

not surprised. New regime is cleaning house and trying to revert the show back to what it was. I can see TPTB putting Mariah with Kevin, again. 

Please register in order to view this content

i mean they literally made her bisexual just so they didn't have to commit to the gay sl if it fell flat, but the old regime just could not let go. lol

they should make Mariah go with Nate. Let her be with someone that isn't a stage 5 mess, plz. And the new nate looks younger, too. Why not?

• Members

Exactly. I think having a character like Mariah being PAN rather than gay is a huge step forward, especially considering Mariah's history. Her connection and attraction to Tessa was person-specific, rather than gender-specific. I just hope they find a good match for CG. I'm still hopeful, I'll be watching regularly again in the near future. 

Archived