YR: Character Returns

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With the return of Kevin and other characters it looks like Josh will be getting rid of others that are already on canvas.

According to the latest issue of SOD sources are telling them that Jason Canela (Arturo) and Alice Hunter (Kerry) aren't the only ones that Josh will write out. Alice did say that she was written out to make more rooms for vets to come back. I wonder who else will be written off to make room for these returns?

Maybe Mia is one of them. I believe the actress that plays her is working a netflix project. But she said in a previous issue of SOD, that she wasn't going anywhere. However Jason Canela said that and got let go. 

• Members

Not really sure why they think Kevin and Chelsea are needed on this show. I guess to wrap up the Adam [!@#$%^&*]. Only thing Mal got right was dumping Kevin and Chelsea.

SO many other actual vets they could bring back instead. Why is Josh fascinated by them? I don't understand ... lol

Frankly I'd take Alice Hunter and Kerry anyday over Chelsea again ... she seems sweet and supportive of the show. I'm disappointed they quickly dumped her instead of trying to write for her. She wasn't a problem.

Mia as a character seems built to have a short shelf life. I'd be shocked if she's not out at some point.

I imagine they try and salvage Lola and Rey. They just lack real development. Like most newbies. Jordi plays everything the same. I like him, actually, but eh ... and Rey and Sharon feels too rushed for me to be invested or care.

Just dumping the new folks and bringing back tired old ones isn't going to help this show. It never helps DAYS when they do it either ... I understand the swift changes but this seems like we're actually going backwards, IMO. I got really tired that they kept doing this [!@#$%^&*] on DAYS. Everytime a new regime came in, the usual suspects were fired ... (because they were brought back because they shouldn't have been fired the last time ...)

What would help is a well written show

Please register in order to view this content

(without a dozen people's agendas at play ...)

I really hope no one actually sat there and thought "Kevin can raise the ratings" ... I do agree if Adam is back (and he is) that Kevin and Chloe and Chelsea need to be addressed ... but ugh. Not like Elizabeth Hendrickson is doing much more than playing a dour could fish on GH ... I always thought Chloe was written like crap and could have been a much better character. I didn't like the constant reliance on making her looney toons.

• Members

This. Not every character has to be related to a clan. Ironic as it sounds, given William J Bell's penchant for semi-incestuous relationships, he was fine on Y&R with standalone characters rolling into town. Victor was a standalone character back in the day. Brad Carlton too. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Grrrrrrrrr 

I'm glad I quit watching when she left and it still pisses me off the way that TPTB apparently treated her during negotiations.  

• Members

Yup. 

Mia doesn't seem long for this Genoa City world, but: 

YES. They are going the DAYS route and familiar faces can only do so much. I personally never cared for Chloe after her initial introduction, nor did I care about Chelsea and I didn't care for Adam no matter who played him. I liked returning to this show last year and all those characters were already gone or on their way out. It felt like a fresh start to me (but again, I know I'm in the minority in having enjoyed a lot of what they served in 2018 and into this year), but we're getting saddled with the old stuff once again. 

P.S. Keep Rey. I love me some Jordi, and this is his best character since GL's Tony Santos (his DAYS' Dario was destined to fail). Though I agree that they've nicely tied up Rey & Sharon into a pretty pink ribbon way too quickly, but I still think there's definite potential to keep Rey around long-term. 

• Members

In a way, I get why Y&R/Sony/CBS are making such moves: ratings are dropping, viewers are unhappy, renewal time is looming, taking a risk on NEW new blood, or even amping up the already ridiculous storylines, could result in further dissatisfaction and ratings erosion.  So, yeah, by all means, bring back some viewer favorites and refocus on the characters, families and stories people actually care about.

But...bringing back Kevin?  Adam (and maybe Chelsea)?  OG Phyllis?  When we talk about bringing back viewer favorites, IDK whether these (and others) are what everyone had in mind.

• Members

Exactly. None of these are what folks had in mind ... IMO. Apart from their hardcore stans. I mean, the amount of people seemingly over the moon about Kevin returning boggles my mind. How on earth do they think he's even necessary? I get liking Greg Rikaart. That doesn't mean Kevin should be brought back.

Wonder when Doug Davidson will take to Twitter to whine he's still a dayplayer ...

Archived