Strange / Awkward / Random Story Plots

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was Sheila's sister who had plastic surgery to look like Lauren...I think, lol.

Thanks to Kimberlin Brown's last B&B return, though, I think the Sheila/Phyllis storyline has been retconned to say it was someone else (maybe Sugar).

• Members

OK....

Anything regarding Kyle Lowder's Brady after Tom Langan took over as head writer.  

Brady went skipping around Salem, singing like he was on "The Sound of Music."

Then he dressed as Zorro to torture Marlena!! 

Please register in order to view this content

I need bleach injected into my cerebellum to cleanse my brain so I can forget it.

Yeah, I know he married Ari Zucker, but that dude pings louder than a Vegas slot machine.  

• Members

Didn't his Brady and Chloe also sing Phantom of the Opera songs? I know Kyle and Nadia did at a DAYS fan event eons ago, but I think they did on the show as well. 

As Rowlf the Muppet once sang so accurately, "That's the time to stuff cotton in your ears!!" YMMV.

• Members

You got it!  They did!!!

It scarred me for life.  It was the thing nightmares are made of.  

I don't mind musical numbers on soaps, IF someone is on stage singing (Like Liz or Doug....that kind of worked in some instances, but I didn't love it).  

When Kyle and Nadia burst into song mid scene, and performed watered down versions of excellent operatic masterpieces, I buried my face in my hands, and prayed for relief.  

• Members

I did love Martha Byrne singing "I Can't Make you Love Me" when Holden had amnesia on ATWT

I thought Damian was hot (I was 14 and bisexual...don't judge), and never got why she wanted Holden, but when she sang that song it resonated.  I found myself rooting for the underdog!!!

It was soapy and sensual, and it didn't feel forced.  I swear, ATWT was in a class all it's own at times.  That show understood what moments to capitalize on.  When it was great, it was magical. 

• Members

Amy, if he had witnessed that, he would have wrapped a rope around his neck.  I do write some music and poetry, and I am protective over my arrangements, as anyone would be.  It's like giving birth to something.  

When Kyle opened his mouth to sing, it was cringe worthy in a very strange way.  He wasn't BAD.  He hit the notes in a delicate way, and seemed to understand when he needed to be subtle, and when he was required to up the ante.  

However, his facial expressions and body language made his performances a study in repression.  It was distracting in a strange, terrible, and yet fascinating way.  I don't know how anyone could champion the early 2000's on Days.  Reilly may have ruined the show, but Langan's stuff was unbearable to behold.  Langan made the show a must miss disaster.  

The Coronation Massacre.  Need I say more?  

EDIT:  THE GARDEN OF EDEN....it would make anyone want to take a bottle full of Lithium. 

You are right, of course.....

But it beat the [!@#$%^&*] I saw on Days.  

I have a soft spot in my heart for Holden and Lily.  I loved Martha Byrne, and yet she did annoy me at times.  

That said, Holden and Lily have me hooked all these years later.  I loved Josh and Reva, and I adored Harley and Mallet, as well as Cat and David, on GL.  There was something more enriching and meaningful when it came to couples on the P&G soaps.  I loved Days, but that show's couples relied on outside forces to oppose them. P&G soaps allowed internal conflicts to separate fan faves, and that felt more authentic to me. 

Edited by DaysFanatic777

• Members

Great thread! I've been laughing over remembering all the crap we had seen on Days in this century's first decade thanks to this. I'll add a few for each of my soaps that I don't think have been mentioned or just been touched upon. 

ATWT

-Kirk and Sam just mysteriously disappear after James Stenbeck orders a hit to be placed on them.  This is never resolved or solved as Lucinda and Georgia in time just forget about searching for Sam. 

-Lisa marries Martin Chedwyn and gets kidnapped by Hong Kong smugglers or some schlock and John and Barbara have to rescue her like they're Duncan and Shannon. 

-Speaking of which, Duncan and Shannon going off to the jungles looking for Scott after he stole Aztec jewelry or something like that. 

-Damian turns out to be alive and well following a plane crash at the hands of Diego Santana(don't even go there!), but is happy being a monk at the monastery that has been nursing him back to health. 

-The Z Twins come to town; Apparently they are estranged disinherited Grimaldi heirs hoping to put Luke and Damian on ice. They are defeated, and then Damian comes to get rid of Holden once and for all. 

B&B

-Amber finds out she has a twin named April, and April goes to perform on the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn.

-Stephanie Beacham and Christopher Cazenove are hired as as the official spokespeople for Jackie M's line at Spectra. 

-Bridget has feelings for Ridge; ICK

Days: 

-In summer 2001 during the whole Temptation Island teen story, the teens had the STRANGEST fantasy. Shawn and Belle fantasized themselves as "Barbie and Ken". Chloe as a some new girl who could fly, and Mimi as an evil mermaid named Mermi. Mimi proceeded to rip off Chloe's hair, and we got a lovely shot a BALD Nadia Bjorn! The dialogue for this fantasy was also DREADFUL. Definitely the lowest point in the Tom Langan era, if not one of the lowest points in the entire series. 

-The whole Rex and Cassie as aliens story on Days was just weird. As was Billie running around with a blonde wig on.

-Between 2003 and 2006, Jack was ALWAYS dying. Every time he showed up back alive, he'd either get "killed off" again or find out he was terminally ill. 

GL

-Gilly about to get hot and heavy with Griffin when Vivian rushes in to reveal that Griffin is her father. Not only was it illogical and demeaning, but it also destroyed the entire Grant family.

-Reva's stalker is not Olivia, not Annie, not Johnathan(as originally intended) but.....Alex?!!? Not to mention Alex is now a drug lord. 

-Maryanne Carraruthers. How nice of Conboy & Weston to destroy 67 years of canon with a single silly story ripped off from another story etched in GL's history. It's no wonder so many of us GL fans were happy to hear of Dinah Marler returning because we were desperate for something pre-WesCon.

Passions: 

-Beth's mother PEEING on Beth's wedding dress to destroy it. Why couldn't she had just spilled coffee on it if she wanted to sabotage it? It was a plot point that had characters talking about pee for a whole month.

-For Thanksgiving 2004, Tabitha was hosting Thanksgiving dinner at her house and had a giant turkey piñata much like the one "Cassie's butchered body"  was in at the Thanksgiving carnival on Days the previous year. The piñata appeared to be dripping blood much to everyone's horror. It fell down and red gloop splattered all over the place. What had thought to have been blood turned out to be cranberry sauce!

Y&R

Ho boy, might have to come back for this one. For now, let's go with:

-The Audrey North story involving John, Dina, and Constance Towers as John's longtime but never seen or mentioned before "loyal" secretary Audrey. It quickly went south.

-Anything that occurred during Latham's 2006-2008 tenure. 

-Skye Lockhart's death by volcano

-Max the evil child, but ends up with a brain tumor to exonerate him. However Max then suffers a major setback and when Stitch tells Abby Max has incontinence from ongoing seizures, that seems to be the final straw and deal breaker. We never hear from Stitch or Max again. 

• Members

DAYS in the late 90s/early 2000s was unwatchable. Especially anything with Kyle Lowder, nature's most confirmed heterosexual.

I think the clip has been removed from YT but the hilarious scene where Brady crashes Maggie's restaurant as Gay Zorro and causes an all-out brawl between himself, John, Roman and half the town says it all about this era. @DRW50 knows of whence I speak.

Edited by Vee