Strange / Awkward / Random Story Plots

• Members

The vets were all supposed to be dead, period. Corday thought it would be a budget and ratings bonanza. When fans revolted he turned tail, forced JER to rewrite and claimed it had been planned all along. It was disgusting from beginning to end. Sensational in terms of PR, but beyond poorly written. I don't think JER had a sane exit strategy for getting Marlena out of it initially, either. He played a lot of the murders for laughs.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Marlena falling on Sami out of a penthouse might have been the best scene of that whole story.  I could watch that over and over and I like days.

I knew Andre was behind hypnotizing Marlena and there were look a likes or something to that extent, but by that time I didn't care about the story either.  Then everyone was stuck in a castle or New Salem forever.  Then mid 50's Marlena got pregnant by Roman and I was just done lol.

Thanks I assumed JER had some idea how to get Marlena out of it.  He loved the character of Marlena.  I wasn't against a lot of the murders (Abe, Roman, Cassie) but it got out of control when every vets life was at stake.

• Members

I enjoyed the adult pairing of Nikolas and Emily. That pirate storyline though... Constance and Blackthorn, with a portrait of Constance that looked exactly like Natalia Livingston, even though Emily was adopted. Looking back on it now, I have no idea how the actors kept a straight face through those scenes. Although to counter, the hotel fire during the auctioning of the treasure was one of my favourite disaster storylines on GH.

Edited by mango

• Members

I'm going to add Another World's forays in doppelgangers with both Rachel and Amanda Cory during its waning years.

Rachel/Justine - Rachel Cory, renowned sculptress, society matron, and longtime resident of Bay City, has a doppelganger (with a portrait) in Boston who was her husband Carl's ex-lover, her next-door neighbor Spencer's ex-wife, and Ryan's mother, and none of them ever mentioned the resemblance? 

Amanda/Amalie - Jordan Stark and the Lumina Foundation get an enormous, if absurd, build up, including a doppelganger with the required portrait, dissolving a character into dust, and putting babies in trees, only to completely disappear on order for the show to change course before it ended.

Special mention goes to Cass Winthrop who had a doppelganger replace him on his honeymoon to Kathleen.

• Members

I remember the day that GL's two stupidest storylines at the time (San Cristobal and the Santos family) were suddenly linked together, though each one had been running for some months with no evidence of a connection. I practically threw something at the TV, and I gradually drifted away from the show, though I had started watching in the mid-70s. I looked in from time to time but it never seemed to be getting better after that, just a long downhill slide to the end.

• Members

Almost makes the Holly as nursery Rhyme stalker look like Masterpiece theatre in comparison.. although that story was kind of rooted in history/character... not by much.. but at least it was centered in Springfield and involved the whole cast.. and had some long lasting fall out.

• Members

What’s pathetic is in many of these years Deirdre Thought she was worthy of best actress and lobbied for it and mailed tapes.  

B&B.  Liam bumps his head and Quinn kidnaps him and has sex with him for 6 months.  She tells him he is Adam and her name is Eve.  Rapes him for 6 months and he’s her son’s half brother.  And she loves it.   She shoved Deacon off of a cliff into the Ocean where he apparently floated around for about a week before showing back up with seaweed wrapped around his head.    

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

You should have watched a lot more soaps if that’s what turned you off. 

Then Eric in his best Sean Connery voice declares to everyone- sheesh changed -  sheesh a changed pershonnnn.  Sheesh changed.  Changed perrrshonnn.