xtr

Y&R: Character Recast

According to SID Sean Dominic has been cast as the new Nate:

Sean Dominic.png

He will first appear on 4/10.

He's a handsome man. I do wonder if he is who the new character "Jeff" is supposed to be. Maybe Jeff was a recast for Nate. 

Edited by xtr

Sean has acted on other shows including Greenleaf. I just remembered which character he played on Greenleaf. He played a Christian singer/producer, who was attracted to Charity and wanted her to go to Nashville to record with him. I don't know what happened with that storyline as I stopped watching Greenleaf shortly after. But I do remember him coming across as pleasant/handsome/sexy onscreen. (Though I don't know if they had things go South for his character and Charity).

22 minutes ago, Darn said:

I wonder why they recast other than this guy being MUCH more attractive than the last Nate.

I think that's your answer. BD wasn't well received. I'm not surprised they recasted. With Neil's death, they need the character. There really isn't anyone else. It's the shows fault for keeping the family small. 

Interesting. I thought the writing was more the problem than BD’s acting, but perhaps an actor with a lighter touch would have made Nate’s hectoring and condescension less annoying? BD also didn’t really have much chemistry with the cast, despite the good start.

5 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

He looks a tad more like Olivia and Nathan’s son then BD.

I thought the same.

Looks like good casting this time.

I'm glad they recast instead of dumping the character.

4 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

He looks a tad more like Olivia and Nathan’s son then BD.

Which Nathan? Cause he doesn't look like a child born to the actors who were portraying the characters when he was born. 

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Y&R has once again lightened up it's cast. 

Nathan Purdee and Randy Brooks’s Nathans looked very different from Adam Lazarre-White’s Nathan, certainly.

2 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Which Nathan? Cause he doesn't look like a child born to the actors who were portraying the characters when he was born. 

I hope this Nate isn't quoting Pinterest or Deepak Chopra quotes anymore! 

I hope if/when Tonya Lee Williams can return to the show that she can come onto the canvas to give Nate some guidance as well as the other Winters/Ashby's and even the Abbotts. 

Loren posted a pic of her and Sean together on her Instagram, and said she's excited he's on the show. It sounds like she may know him already. I am interested in seeing how he fits in with her and the rest of the Hamilton-Winters family.

lauren sean.jpg

Edited by xtr

2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I guess Purdee but he looks more like Olivia/TLW though