2019 Daytime Emmy Nominations

• Members
"DAYS" DAYTIME EMMY SONG NOMINATION...

"GOODBYE"

Composed by Genesee Nelson
Performed by Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire)

Episode # 13528
Original Airdate: January 17, 2018
Storyline: Claire Brady's goodbye song for Theo Carver.

http://dbrentnelson.com/Songs/Goodbye TV.wav?fbclid=IwAR0IYmbjVohII-o7_9kkTYT_GdjVHHg8Vb_ZAMg05pqchUUwFScIaWu8FGI

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some Daytime Emmy facts I compiled: 

Peter Bergman has been nominated for the 22nd time, breaking the previous record 21 nominations which was held by Susan Lucci.

If Billy Flynn wins, he will be the second Lead Actor winner born in the 1980s and the fourth Lead Actor winner that was under 35 years old at the time of their win. In 2017 Billy and Scott Clifton were the first Lead Actor nominees born in the 1980s and Scott won that year, becoming the first Lead Actor winner born in the 1980s.

If Heather Tom wins, she will tie Erika Slezak with the most number of wins by an actress. Erika will still hold the record for most Lead Actress wins though.

If Jacqueline MacInnes Wood or Marci Miller win, they will be the first Lead Actress winner born in the 1980s. Last year Marci was the first Lead Actress nominee born in the 1980s. If Marci wins, she will be the fourth Lead Actress winner that was under 30 years old at the time of their win.

If Max Gail wins, he will be the oldest actor at the time of their win (76 years, 30 days). Currently the oldest actor at the time of their win is James Reynolds (2018 Lead Actor at 71 years, 262 days). Only two Daytime Emmy acting winners were over 70 years old at the time of their wins: James Reynolds and the late Jeanne Cooper (2008 Lead Actress at 79 years, 239 days).

Beth Maitland receives her 2nd Supporting Actress nomination 34 years after her win in the same category. Beth is also Y&R's first acting Emmy winner. The longest gap between nominations is 39 years held by Susan Seaforth Hayes (1979 Lead Actress and 2018 Supporting Actress). If Beth wins, she will have the longest gap between wins. Currently the longest gap between wins is 25 years held by Susan Flannery (1975 Lead Actress and 2000 Lead Actress).

If William Lipton, Garren Stitt, or Eden McCoy win, they will be the first Daytime Emmy acting winner born in the 2000s. In 2016 Brooklyn Rae Silzer was the first Daytime Emmy acting nominee born in the 2000s. From what I could find online, William, Garren, and Eden are all over 13 years old so no youngest winner ever records will be broken this year. Only three Daytime Emmy acting winners were under 13 years old at the time of their wins: Camryn Grimes (2000 Younger Actress at 10 years, 133 days), Kimberly McCullough (1989 Younger Actress at 11 years, 116 days), and the late Justin Gocke (1989 Younger Actor at 11 years, 149 days).

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I'm happy for Jon Lindstrom. That's about it. Oh and Mishael and Beth Maitland deserve the recognition so I'm happy for them as well. And also for Martha, just because she's such a daytime supporter and seems cool and supports DAYS even though they never keep her around. (oh and Max Gail too, he's very very good, along with the stellar Vernee Watson)

LOL at DAYS' nominees being just about everyone who's left or leaving. Tyler, Billy, Marci, Kate, Kyler (he's been gone since 2017 but with their taping he aired into 2018), Olivia, Lucas, Greg ... lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The Daytime Emmys for soaps has become a joke.  They have to announce who gets nominated for Best Drama?  There's only 4 left - it will be all 4 every year.   And people breaking records makes me sad - most of these people wouldn't be anywhere near an emmy podium if there were still 8 or 9 shows on with quality actors and actresses that are no longer working. 

• Members

Which is precisely why they should cut down the number of nominees, especially in the Younger categories (three, tops). Nominate two soaps for Best Drama.

I am rooting for Max Gail - he quickly won me over when before I couldn't imagine anyone else but Ron Hale as Mike. In their scenes together, he makes Maurice Benard almost bearable. Finally, I am a big Barney Miller fan - not that it counts in that case. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

And the above issues - all soaps left now nominated, etc. - are why I now look at the Daytime Emmys as a glorified participation award. The prestige died the minute Susan Lucci FINALLY won her Emmy. After that, viewership eroded year by year - as did soap-watching itself as they started dying off.

• Members

I haven't really followed the emmys for around 10 years or more...wasn't there a year when B&B won best writing or best daytime drama?  It doesn't even matter the year...ANY year B&B wins best drama or best writing is a joke.  The show has never been emmy worthy.  The only actor or actress that has been worthy was Susan Flannery and that's it.  Heather Tom possibly but they have always just thrown some crazy crying scenes at her that make no sense most of the time.  Maybe hair and makeup worthy for nominations. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

The years that B&B won were for excellent episodes, even if they did not reflect the show’s year round quality. They were for the Storm and Betty White eps. I believe Steph’s death also won for writing. 

B&B consistently has the best day to day production values—sets, direction, music, location, wardrobe, etc.

• Members

The Daytime Emmys were done once Susan Lucci's streak was over. They are basically participation ribbons at this point.

Realizing that the younger categories have nominees born in the 2000s and the lead categories have nominees born in the 1980s makes one feel old or maybe it's just me

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Not just you! (I was born in 1972, and was a kid/teen during the soaps' glory years when the Emmys spawned nighttime soap specials before it and such. The fact that so many of these actors were BORN during that time has me looking at Depends.)