The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I understand the need for objectivity as a journalist.  But, when your politicians do or say something that most people would agree is heinous, I think you need to set aside that objectivity and, in those moments, speak truth to power.  Like they used to say at Rolling Stone magazine, "if the president is a liar, call him a liar."

CBS and "60 Minutes" are getting their asses and everything else handed to them for this.  Good.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I thought it was a very classy statement. I've had many, many issues with Matthews but I also have mixed feelings about him and always have. At the same time I think he'd gone too far, and it won't be surprising if more unsavory stories about him come out. He should've probably lost the job for some of his comments re: Clinton four years ago.

• Members

There's been a lot of backlash on Twitter over Bill Maher's Chris Matthew defense last night (and he and Caitlin Flanagan attacking the victim). This is exactly what Maher has always been - why so many pretend he's some great hero for the left, I don't know.