• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A few years ago, I remember reading about Tim Berners-Lee being interviewed about the many problems with the Internet and turned over several remedies in his mind, one of which was creating a sort of alternate WWW that would fulfill the original purpose, which was to share information and foster communication.  It was an interesting interview, if anyone can dig it up, it's worth a read/watch.

I guess Berners-Lee was doing more than just brainstorming that day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Since the merger in August, shares of CBS and Viacom have each dropped about 20%. 

Also, according to the newly merged company's chief executive, Viacom-CBS will be looking to reap half a billion dollars in cost savings- which most people know by what means this will be- through layoffs and job cuts.

Of course, there are implications for all divisions of both companies but I don't know what further implications there could be for a division like CBS Daytime, an already stripped down department.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/young-sheldon-meet-spongebob-cbs-and-viacom-are-back-together/ar-BBXM7N1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Fascinating article.  

So far, ads geared to streaming still don't have the same market value as those on aired broadcast television, which is likely why there has been such a slow embrace of streaming by many production companies but high-tech digital product placement could change that calculus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/you-see-pepsi-i-see-coke-new-tricks-for-product-placement/ar-BBYceC2

• Members

Todd finally felt that fire under his feet and decided to come up with this bullsh*t narrative about naivete.  Again, as I always ask, why is he even in that job? It's obvious that he's incompetent.

And the big dumb jerk attributed a Maya Angelou quote to Toni Morrison.  NBC looks even dumber for hiring him in the first place.