• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't even want to link to it, but Ben Smith, who was involved in pushing the shiny object Steele dossier (which distracted from real issues and ultimately did Trump a favor) and heavily pushed the Tara Reade story, is now pushing a hit piece on Ronan Farrow in NYT that many of their reporters are retweeting and eating up. 

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Farrow passed on the Reade story, which has been debunked almost as many times as Reade has changed her story (she changed it again yesterday, while claiming Trump's people are in talks with her), and done a great deal to damage to credibility of the likes of his pals Rich McHugh and Ryan Grim. 

• Members

@Vee thank you for the warning. I am not going to act like Ronan Farrow is a saint - the Kavanaugh reporting (which is the thing that none of these pieces even seem to care about) had serious mistakes - but it's clear the news hacks has been lying in wait and are hoping if they push enough they can take him down, or seriously wound his credibility. They are so out of touch, because they are so used to enabling the worst of society. Last year there was an obvious attempt by the media to try to rehab Lauer (with him exploiting his daughter, no less) - it backfired. Here we are again. They are trying to get him a Brian Williams comeback, I bet. 

• Members

@Vee I just made a comment on that right before I saw your post. Crazy timing. And one of the most bewildering, bird-brained attempts at clickbait I have ever seen. I don't even understand where that comes from. No wonder Atlantic is firing people. And that loser at CNN is another Matt Lauer asslicker.