The Media/Journalism Thread

• Members

I have my own problems with cancel culture, but none of that was addressed here, by many people who merrily practice it themselves.

That letter is essentially a lot of pseudo-intellectuals who have spent many years in what they see as elite circles and feeling untouchable becoming threatened because one or two of them faced professional consequences for bad journalism and shitty online takes. It is littered with horrible people like Bari Weiss (who tried to have professors fired for their views on Palestine, and also went to her bosses to go after a black co-worker who didn't want to have lunch with her) and many other shitty people (Cary Nelson, JK Rowling, Jesse Singal). At least three of the people on there (David Frum, David Brooks, Matthew Yglesias) are warmongers who pushed the wonders of "liberating" the Middle East with Cheney and friends. Then you have Olivia Nuzzi, Ann Coulter fangirl, Milo fan forever, who weeps over her dead BFF who doxxed the parents of a man because she didn't believe he was black.

To peddle this, doing their best to change the subject on topics that are tearing this country apart, and to do so KNOWING it will help Trump (who is running his campaign on the same themes) is reprehensible. 

It's also being pushed by a publication that has its own right wing propaganda which can be pushed more easily now thanks to the signatories of this letter.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/5/16971286/katie-roiphe-harpers-twitter-moira-donegan-me-too-movement

I knew a lot of these people hated the average American and would be happy to see us die right in front of them, but they just aren't even bothering to hide it anymore. They would rather we all drop dead than to ever not feel comfortable at one of their precious dinner parties. That's what this country has become.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Someone described it as the “Imagine” video for media intellectuals.

Lord knows I have my issues with the discourse in this country, but the conversation around it has all been a bit silly. Lots of people are talking in circles. This has all just made the media look more insular than before.

• Members

Waiting for all those "cancel culture" people to pitch a fit and demand his job back. They will too...and all those trashbag fauxgressives who love Tucker and claim he is a populist hero will be upset too since they are all more than fine with racism to get what they want.

• Members

It's the grifters and Bernie lovers who think if you care about racism, you are ignoring the pain of white voters who would otherwise be on your side (I'll never forget one of them saying that if Trump just "toned down the racism" she'd vote for him). Many on the left are racist and hide that behind populism. They say oh he's anti-war (he isn't) or he says common sense things (he doesn't), you don't have to agree with everything an ally says. Also Krystal Ball or Glenn Greenwald types who love to go on his show and laugh along with him.