The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I gather most of you would have seen this little ditty flying around on Twitter by now. Now I don’t have much opinion on Jonathan Swan himself considering that he is as much an access journalist as Maggie Haberman. But he does seem to do a good job of pushing back on Trump here.

As an aside, one thing I only learned this morning: he happens to be the son of one of the health experts on Australian public radio, Norman Swan, who has incidentally been one of the leading voices in the ongoing COVID debate back home in Australia, especially i Melbourne where there is currently a second wave occurring.

• Members

Newsweek was gutted and turned into a content/clickbait mill a la Facebook with no real editorial some years back. It is not what it was even back in the 90s.

Meanwhile, in case anyone cares: Mark Halperin is currently relegated to right wing outlet Newsmax alongside Diamond and Silk and Sean Spicer.

Edited by Vee