The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Okay, now that the service is flopped, I can now go on ahead and admit that, sometime ago I was queried about Quibi before the service launched. After an evaluation of the service, I was candid in stating that it was highly unlikely that I would ever subscribe to the service.

It was never a good idea to try to have a paid subscription service largely composed of short videos, especially with YouTube already in existence. Just a bad idea from the get-go. 

• Members

I could post so many others from publications that were once worth respecting, like the man who runs Mother Jones. These people need Trump so much and the narrative of their flawed but fascinating hero becoming a Real President. If he loses, they are going to do anything they can to kneecap Democrats for ending their gravy train.

• Members

I critique the media plenty, but this is a reach. Matt Lewis is a Republican who whined that Sarah Palin's career was ruined by the media. He is an outlier at the Daily Beast, at best and so far this is the only take outside of Fox I can see claiming Trump won last night's debate. That is not the prevailing media take at all.

• Members

This is of course not a new phenomenon with young National Review/Politico/right wing alumni who are often laundered via the NY Times and other outlets, like Salena Zito before Plott, among others. Different roots but same principle involved when which you now see other gossipy access-obsessed, fascist-adjacent journos like Olivia Nuzzi (whose entire career, IIRC, stems from being a gossipy campaign staffer for Anthony Weiner) and her new partner Ryan Lizza trending more and more towards the right, and soon I suspect Ken Vogel, who's still very put out that his Biden/Ukraine scoop that got the president impeached did not pan out properly as a negative for the Dems and has been mostly a laughingstock since.

Edited by Vee