The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jake Sherman (who was 'excited' to cover 4 years of potential House-Senate gridlock) is pretty clearly whining about the future under Biden here. I won't link the full thread, but this response to part of it and you can click through his rest if you care to. Long story short, his replies are much more excited about a 'boring' Biden admin of 'almond milk' than he seems to be.

It apparently took Michael Steele, of all people, to shut Sherman down during a now-viral appearance on MSNBC, after Sherman (wearing, once again, a sweater vest) tried to bothsides the delayed transition and blame the Biden campaign for not taking the GSA to court or something. Sherman was also recently doing press whining about people criticizing his off-record boozy retreats with John Boehner as an even younger cub. Sherman is part of the new Politico rising class of Halperins, Lizzas, etc. and it behooves us to watch him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

As a few people pointed out, I did think that was Jeffrey Tambor. 

That Matt Taibbi continues to be seen as such a brave intellectual makes you wonder why Andrew "milky loads" Sullivan is not given the same treatment, even though they are now the same person. I think some men desperately cling to him for a sense of coolness, which is very sad.

Speaking of sad, the New Republic's ongoing identity crisis now includes cringeworthy starfucking - Ryu Spaeth had a bewildering pseudo-intellectual puff piece about how much he loves Ben Smith and how precious Ben Smith is for knowing he has no conscience or morals. (oddly, no mention of Smith's failed hit on Ronan Farrow, or on how wrong his campaign coverage was this year) He also decided to make a dig at David Carr, which upset Carr's daughter. 

• Members

Taibbi has mostly gone the way of Greenwald, etc. tho he still occasionally gets a figleaf. He doesn't have the status he had even five years ago, by which time his rage against Obama and the Dems was already predictable. Him disappearing all the way into the void could never happen soon enough for me.