• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

More from Jake Sherman, who despises Democrats and is Politico born and bred:

I only fitfully agree with Hayes in this day and age, but this has always been correct. The modern media considers America center-right because they view themselves as innately out of touch; they were trained by the Reagan era to believe 'real America' is always out there in the diners (hence the Trump voter love affair) and never anywhere else. They disdain Democrats and progressives because they have been conditioned to believe they themselves are effete and not genuine, and therefore so is anyone not on the right. They project this onto Democrats so as to divorce it from themselves, and focus all their energies on Trump/GOP voters instead. This is a belief a lot of the party rank and file also still lives with as PTSD since the 1980s.

This is why every time Obama or the Dems won handily in the last 15 years, the press would go on TV saying "it's not a mandate" and basically imply he got lucky. Any time Dems win it is about some sort of amazing trick that only happens once in a lifetime; the economy, the pandemic, etc. They will always attribute any Democratic wins to outside circumstances and imply it is a fluke. Whereas the GOP are always brilliant strategy mavens.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's already started with Biden - Amy Walter of National Journal was saying last month that he has no mandate if he wins. The saddest part is Biden is so proud of the Beltway/DC tradition that he believes every word. It's one of the reasons why I'm not surprised so many have given up on voting, even though I wish they still would.

Boehner was always a waste of space - he was just better at gladhanding. The only reason any press dislike Trump, any at all, is because he doesn't kiss their asses the way McCain and that ilk did. Nothing will improve in this country until the current DC press circuit is marginalized.

• Members

I think he may not as much after the last year, but before that, based on his comments over the years...but anyway, hopefully he doesn't now. Not that it really matters if Democrats don't win the Senate. I guess we'll see. I can't let myself think about that after 2016.

• Members

Given that the Pod Save America guys spent years seeing President Obama, his wife and children face a constant barrage of racist bile, I'm not sure how they are still this naive. None of these hatemongers are stunned into silence. They were like this before Trump and they will be after he's gone. If their fuhrer told them to get their guns and start picking out targets, they would - if their fat fingers could fit around the triggers, anyway.