What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just recently watched the PBS documentary called The War On Discowhich was very interesting but could have gone further in exploring the aspect that the sale of Rock music was declining from other factors beside the popularity of disco music. In other shows that discussed the 1970s rockers also expressed a lack of regard for “glam rock” and “soft rock”, which a number of traditional rock musicians thought of as pale imitations of the genre, yet threre were never any attempt to steamroll over a Debbie Boone or Anne Murray album, or the soundtrack of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I think the interlocutors let the disco haters who caused the melee at the Comiskey Park off the hook too easily, but perhaps that is for a different documentary.

• Members

Oooooo heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!! lol.

Between you doing this...a woman on Twitter who is binging it for the very first time as well...and now this morning a clothes debate on Twitter between her and Gina Torres's character on SUITS...I'm living!!!

Please register in order to view this content

I might just rewatch as well. lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Once a year, every year, I re-read The Little Prince and manage to find in it new layers of loveliness and wisdom each time, always seemingly written to allay whatever my greatest struggle at that moment is. It is a special book, yes, but it is not singular in being a testament to something I have long believed: that great children’s books transcend both age and time. They are exquisite distillations of philosophies for living, addressing in the language of children — which is the language of absolute sincerity, so countercultural in our age of cynicism — the deepest, most eternal truths about what it means to live a meaningful, beautiful, inspired, noble life. Although written with children in mind, they speak to the eternal child that each of us lives with and answers to, but often neglects — something Antoine de Saint-Exupéry knew and articulated beautifully in dedicating The Little Prince to the little boy inside his grown-up best friend.