Offbeat Soap Facts/News bits/Anecdotes you still remember

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow. That really surprises me.  Not that it should.  Nothing should surprise when it comes to celebrities at this point, but I had always pegged RS for a nice guy.  Maybe because he always gives his all when he sings "Jessie's Girl". In his place I'd be rolling my eyes and needing a few drinks to get through it after all of these years.  I took it to mean he wasn't a diva.

• Members

I know what you mean. He had several good songs, but most people only remember or want to hear Jessie's Girl repeatedly. There are two sides to every story, but I had never really heard anything bad about RS. Maybe JS was the jerk in the situation. Like the Kate Jackson/Cheryl Ladd friction on Charlie's Angels. 

Most of the cast of FH come off smarmy. This latest scandal with Lori Loughlin is like a train wreck.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Right after joining AW in 1997, Lisa Peluso gave an interview to SOM where she gave an anecdote from her days as a child actress. 20 years prior, she had completed a small role as John Travolta's little sister in Saturday Night Fever and went right into what would be a long run on SFT as Wendy.

She and her new TV mom, Maree Cheatham, decided to go to a matinee showing of SNF one day. Apparently, it was more than what they bargained for. This was going to be Lisa's first time seeing the completed film. Neither realized the extent of the violence and vulgar language that was/is as prominent as the dancing and Bee Gees music. Maree kept her hands over 13-year-old Lisa's ears for almost the entire movie!! Maree confirmed Lisa's story years later on social media. 

Even though Lisa's part in the movie was pretty small (the only scene I remember her being in was the infamous family dinner, but it's been years since I've seen it), she still participates in SNF-related events. The most recent event was last month at the Chiller Con Expo in NJ, where she was reunited with several other cast members (including famous soap faces Karen Gorney and Donna Pescow).

Please register in order to view this content