GH April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really that Roger Howarth had been able to stay Todd, he was just better without bending hell and heaven to make him viable. Speaking of OLTL, I'm still annoyed by the dropped Alcazar/Tomas story.

Sn: Why is Lila Rae not on the canvas as a rival for Molly? 

• Members

I will never care about him or their efforts to force him onto the canvas and make him viable. He's not. The more a show force feeds me someone, the more I resist. He's got a brain tumor!!!! He was molested!!!! (was he? I'm not keeping up). FEEL SORRY FOR HIM!!!! LIZ DOES! SO YOU SHOULD TOO! HE'S SCOTT'S SON NOW!!! YOU CARE ABOUT HIM SO YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT FRANCO!! CARE ABOUT FRANCO NOW!!!

UGH

So many casuals just lap that [!@#$%^&*] right up.

I feel like I've made the right choice to stop watching GH. I haven't watched since the Faison story wrapped up. I'm not even following what happens that closely.

Are they still trying to force asexual, chemistry-free Kim and Julian? Julian ... another one they've worked overtime to force onto the canvas. I'm so disgusted the show listens to the rabid Julexis fanbase. Frank's interview is so hypocritical.

+1

I'd be fine if he were playing Todd. Franco is just Todd-lite (Howarth plays him that way) and someone they've worked beyond overtime to force onto the canvas.

When something doesn't work, you admit it, let him go, and move on. But not Frank. It's like he tells them to try even harder to make viewers care for him and feel sorry for him and accept him. It's so blatant.

• Members

I think that's the whole problem with the show in a nutshell.  The writers aren't terrible but they're being forced to feature the characters viewers would rather not see and either placing the characters viewers do care to see on an infrequent recurring basis or firing beloved actors altogether.  This does not bode well for the show's future.

This is what happens when no one in charge listens to viewers who care.

• Members

Yep. I actually don't think the writers are awful. Not saying they're spectacular, but I think if they could do their own thing it wouldn't be the worst show. I liked some of the ideas they had a few months ago. Something went off the rails around the Faison story wrapping up (and Genie suddenly exiting in the middle of the mayor story). I was kind of liking the show up until then.

Interesting how Frank tries to say some things aren't his decision. So who's are they? Who dumped Genie and Kin? I truly believe he believes what he says, but he's so full of it ... no, Frank, if you TRULY cared about GH you wouldn't fill it with your friends from other shows and get rid of veterans that matter to the fans of the show. That interview, the lunch with Genie and how she spoke out all reeks of damage control for Frank.

Archived