GH April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just caught up on the three weeks since the anniversary. Thoughts:

THE RED MENACE

The daily Screechfest where she rants and raves about Peter being to close to Maxie has got to stop. She's still just a squsre block trying to fit in a round hole. Still tired of people "kissing her ring" that have barely shared scenes with her. Much like Sage on Y&R, Nina could disappear from the canvas and not be missed.

SUPPORT FOR MAXIE

Since Nathan was killed, we barely see her with her family. Written well, we would see Mac and Felicia supporting Maxie. How about Lucas and Brad taking her out to Kelly's to talk about their mutual impending parenthood. The  Bobbi/ Maxie  scene on the anniversary was nice, but just not enough. Instead we get Peter August (not the worst actor but I think is miscast as the son of Anna and Faison. I would've cast him as a doctor or reporter friend to Lulu).  His role needs to be dialed back while Maxie mourns, just like the banshee. Why hasn't Obrecht popped up to see how her Grandchild is developing? I'd rather see her than Nina.

FRANKS 'N BEANS

I am far from insensitive towards people who grew up with the trauma of sexual abuse.   But I don't give two s-hits about who touched Franko's twig and berries, and I never will. Franko was a murderer that kidnapped Elizabeth's son. No tumor removed from his head would ever be a reason for a woman to forgive that, or setting up the rape of an 18 year old boy in prison.

The only journey I  wish to see Franko go on would be off that infamous pier.

DOUBLE TROUBLE

The Jason-Sam-Drew triangle bores me to tears. Sam obviously has more going with Jason than Drew. Pit friends Liz and Kim at odds over Drew.

OVER THE EDGE

Nelle's gaslighting of Carly should be obvious to anyone that knows the two.However, making Carly's struggle about the grief she feels could be a good story.   On the fence about this until more plays out. I'm just looking forward to Michael finding out.

IN WAY OVER HER HEAD

Sorry , this Kiki story is ridiculous. In the current climate of #MeToo, a woman that has her nose in the internet would've reported Bensch the minute he kissed her inappropriately. I'm all for this kind of story, but I laugh every time blonde dimwit Kiki is referred to as a doctor. Nothing about the character (former poker maven...did she doany other job before nursing?

FINN-TASTIC MESS

Michael Easton has friend chemistry with Finola Hughes and Nancy Lee Grahn.  It stops there. I still see no romance between Anna and Finn. As for Finn and Alexis, they have as much sexual chemistry as Kevin and Mariah of Y&R.  

ODDS AND ENDS

Avery  would be best off in foster care.

Like the Curtis/Jordan romance. Her health concerns could turn into a good storyline.

What happened to Chet, Amy's brother?  Some great story could have developed with this real-life vet. PTSD, issues about his prosthetics, getting a job, becoming a part of the community. Nah, let's just keep showing Nina long for a child she'll never get...Yawn...

They must REALLY be having a hard time coming up with that fabled story for Genie Francis.  I mean, a vendetta with Valentin, struggles with having a new husband and their boundaries about HIPPA rules versus her boardmember status. 

Robert has always had Anna's number, and this time around, TR has been good.

Always great to see Lucy working her magic for the Nurses Ball. Having her compare her love for psycho Kevin O'Connor to Liz and Franko and telling her to go for it...notsomuch.

Hoping Kin Shriner is not on his way out. Shriner has great chem as friends with Maura West, and a little romance with good old Barbara Jean.........

Sorry to hear about LC's leg. Luckily, we get a good replacement in Patricia McCormack (seen mostly in Hallmark Movies these days).

I heard Carolyn Hennessy has a possible recurring role on NBC's Champions. I wonder how she is on that.

I still feel that Max Gail is the MVP for his portrayal of Mike Corbin. 

Archived