LATEST RATINGS: February 12-16, 2018

Toups

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a DISMAL week for soaps.

Y&R and B&B are in dire trouble. I wonder if we’ll see BTS changes in the coming weeks. Y&R had three days under a 3.0.

The bar is now so low that DAYS dropped in the 18-49 demo yet was No. 1 for the first time in nearly 12 years.

• Members

Wow at Days being #1 in 18-49 category.

I am not putting too much weight on this weeks ratings with pre-emptions and the Olympics starting this week. I will say that this week had the most movement story wise on Days whether horrible or not and they didn't get another big bump. I thought the week before was horrible yet they get a huge bump....LOLOL.

• Members

.6 is good enough for 1st place W18-49.  Pathetic.  5 years ago, anything below 1.0 was a show in serious danger of cancellation. 

They should just cancel B&B and give another 1/2 hour to Julie Chen.  "Some more Talk".  LOLLLL. 

• Members

LOL. It's hilarious to come in here and see all the negativity and then the other board is jumping up and down over the ratings for DAYS.

LMAO. The constrast is hilarious.

Only because .... you know ... ratings fluctuate ... at the end of the day they're more or less stuck in where they are. All the soaps are. Small raises are nice but not often sustained. It kind of is what it is.

True, but ratings are different now. People watch other ways. Look how far primetime ratings have fallen. It's not just a daytime problem but it's sometime people seem to focus on with daytime. I rarely hear anyone talk about how a show is considered a hit now on primetime if it averages 3 million viewers and a paltry 1.0 in the demo. TERRIBLE. LOL. So soaps look like gold compared to some of the shows in primetime.

Soaps will be canceled when the networks want to cancel them. Unless ratings dramatically sink any further, it kind of is what it is. Ratings aren't the sole factor anymore (especially in primetime, if ratings mattered, Last Man Standing wouldn't have been canceled for Disney owned Marvel and Disney shows that get less than half what the other show got)

• Members

+1

It's time (well, its been time, but ratings seem to be plummeting for B&B, finally, his mess seems to be catching up to him)

But will they? I guess they can only sink so much. Brad's long needed to be replaced as HW. He can stay as EP. But even then that probably wouldn't work, it'd have to be either full control or no control, IMO. But hell, it truly could get worse

Please register in order to view this content

but then could it? I think B&B has enough competent writers not named Brad Bell who could carry the show and make it better. Change is needed but the grass may not be greener.

• Members

What a great matra to aspire to.  Don't suck bad enough.  When people laughed when GL and ATWT were canceled - they were a class above what we're seeing now.  I will DANCE on B&Bs and Y&Rs Grave.  They're a JOKE compared to what was CBS Daytime.  Can't wait for it.  And the argument that a .6 is worthy.  Lauging my ass off. 

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived