B&B December 2017 Discussion

• Members

Not surprised this wasn't even a topic yet! B&B has definitely been the worst soap of 2017. 

I thought Sheila was pretty much done after the portrait reveal but then I see on Wednesday's episode she's back now acting as the town busybody and interacting/spying with faux Thorne. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not watching but LOL at Sheila still being around (I mean I know Kimberlin hadn't left but I still forget shes on the show). I read the threads on SON about B&B and try and keep up with recaps so I often forget Sheila's even still around. One of Brad's many problems is he plays something heavy for a few months and then they're dropped right after as he moves onto to his next focus of the month. Now it will become 'The Thorne Show' (a character he just couldn't seem to write for with Winsor in the role but all of a sudden he has Thorne in everything with Ingo in the role) for a few months until he gets bored.

• Members

It's bad.  Why would anyone from Forrester go to that Restaurant or why would anyone talk to Sheila?  Wasn't there a restraining order?  Wouldn't there be another one with what happened?   Why does Ingo what's his face get story time with ---- Sheila?   Steffy goes into total hysterics every scene because she banged Bill and was the Top.  And Liam/Lame can't figure out - even though Steffy mentions his Dad - and goes into hysterics every 3 seconds.....trash lolll. Waiting for Eric to visit Sheila's cockroach hotel room to give her portrait back.  Because she's so good and always told the truth and never did anything bad.  

• Members

It's really bad. The sophomoric writing with Ridge and Thorne reminds me of MAB's attempt to write a brother rivalry between Chance and Ronan on Y&R several years ago that didn't work. 

The Thorne/Sheila scenes were utterly ridiculous. And yes, why would Quinn even go down to that same restaurant too? And new Thorne  isn't cutting it at all, no chemistry with KKL and his talk of missing Macy and Darla just felt so fake. At this point the Spectras returns story would have been made a whole lot more viable if Macy and Darla showed up alive and Brad Bell just wrote his wax body trick with Massimo being the one behind it. 

• Members

I watched for the first time yesterday in a long time, and my GOD!  Thorne was recast for this?  Ingo should be embarrassed, assuming he knows Brooke's history. 

It's painful watching folks talk about Brooke like she's an innocent wallflower who needs to be protected as if the viewers are not painfully aware of who this stink pot really is!  She has about 34 different "Destinies" each attached to an inappropriate penis!  

This show is truly truly rancid!  

• Members

I actually like nuThorne, but I ain't gonna kid myself not to see this is a déjà vu when Thorne came back in the 90s wanting control of FC and a serious hard on for Taylor that came out of nowhere.  At lest Throoke has history but a repeat nonetheless

• Members

It's quite funny the show has spent the better part of the last two years pushing Bill and Brooke as endgame with Ridge as in interloper and now suddenly it's been all dropped for new Thorne while Bill now swoons over Steffy. Ick. 

I already know I'm going to hate the reaction to the news of Bill and Steffy, with Wyatt probably whaling and whining(maybe he jumps out of Bill's office window?) and a hypocritical Katie and Brooke shaming Steffy. 

• Members

I like Ingo too, and Winsor would have looked ridiculous as TK's younger rival brother. (WH was much younger than Ronn Moss, but he's a few years older than TK and looks it.)

But... yawn. Rinse, wash, repeat. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Brad Bell hires great staff (actors, writers, producers) and completely hides their light under a bushel. It still boggles my mind that two of the greatest script writers who have ever worked in this genre, Patrick Mulcahey and Michele Val Jean, work on this show, and it's no better for it because the man at the top is so incompetent.

• Members

Stunt casting with Ingo! That's why. It won't last six months before Bradley gets bored or the story tanks just like the rest and he'll write him off again.

That's because Bradley forced a Bill/Brooke pairing. He is the one that wanted it not the audience. It failed once and yet he paired them again. He finally smelled the garbage and decided to go back to his crutch ...Liam. And added Ingo in stunt casting.

All his stories have failed since the Maya transgender mess. He hasn't recovered since. I am so glad B&B is last in demos. It is truly deserved for such a horrible soap.

• Members

Did Bill ever find out about Wyatt and Katie the crier?  What makes no sense is - didn't Eric find out, and then didn't Quinn find out?  Sheila told Eric or something and then Quinn found out? 

So I guess Bill does already know?  Why on Earth would Quinn keep THAT secret when she keeps no other secret.  Wouldn't it make sense that since she's nuts (regardless of Bell trying to redeem her)....she snaps every now and then and is pretty much the same busybody gossip that Sheila is....why wouldn't she have gone to Bill and said...."KEEP YOUR EX-WIFE AWAY FROM OUR SON!!!!"  She hates Katie for the most part, and there's no reason for her to keep this secret....???? Or am I missing something or have I missed it????

And after all this time, can they not tell Thorsten to take a bath and shave?  They give Brooke a haircut and the women change their looks up all the time but he always looks greasy with the hair and the unshaven face. 

Archived