Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh definitely.  Sadly, I was just mentioning this in another thread about Ken Berry-- that there was a time when you used to have to possess true, discernible talent and even luck on top of all that, to make it in entertainment but now, it seems, all you need is the ability to throw a chair or a table.

I continue to be flummoxed by Ben Carson.  I still think he tried (and failed) to perform a lobotomy on himself and things went terribly wrong.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Ugh! I see from the bottom of the thread that it was some DJ who said it. What an ass. I think our society can do better (although not when our leader is a misogynist), but it's hard for me to imagine a time when there isn't significant sexism. Obviously racism is holding us back as well.  It makes me said when I think of how much further ahead we could be if the scientific fields really were a meritocracy. 

• Members

It IS a great song, certainly amazing vocal performance. I know many see it as creepy because of the society they've been brought up in, as 18 being this watermark for sexual consent. But 2/3 of the world puts it at 16... so I guess it's not so creepy in Canada, the UK, and Europe? It just makes one wonder. I was always stunned that sexual themes have always been a reason to ban a song, but MURDER is not! Another example of how the United States looks the other way when it comes to violence, but sex is dirty and must be hidden.