Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course, but these men are writing these contracts favorable to themselves and didn't anticipate a Ronan Farrow.  The best interest of shareholders comes into play when you see folks on the lower end of the food chain getting laid off.  How often are the men who write the rules laid off?  Folks have been hiding their truths to save their jobs for decades.  

AGREED!

• Members

He really should, but he's only playing the game his predecessors created for him.  I would love for someone to kick him in the nuts, however.  

The sad thing about ED and other women who don't wish to be harassed and they speak up about it?  They will more than likely be seen as "trouble" on another project and might not get hired.  That's a pretty sick and disgusting machine!  The woman was molested at 12, so it had to be really hard on the set of Bull.  

And you really have to wonder if the environment is a case of nature vs nurture.  Would these creeps be creeps if they didn't have a work place that fostered it?  Not all turn out to be trash, but you have to wonder.  

• Members

God bless Eliza Dushku.  Writing that article was ten times more courageous than anything she did as Faith.  She has earned my respect forever.

Give it time.

Again, give it time.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I do wish the consequences to the individuals were harsher.  I think jail time depends on the case. We can can't even get people put away for rape in the vast majority of cases, so jailing them for harassment seems impossible.  I'm not even sure it's the right answer in a case like this specific one, versus one where someone was assaulted. We need systematic change.  We need to stop indulging these guys just because they are unusually talented (looking at the NFL), popular (looking at Hollywood), rich or connected. Until that stops I can't see things changing much.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

One of the most high-profile cases here ended with the perpetrator sentenced to jail, and when he appealed to a higher court the sentence was increased... Probably not what he had anticipated.  

Please register in order to view this content

The case has involved the Swedish Academy, since one of it's members is married to the convicted rapist. This scandal has been making headlines here for over a year now, and caused the Nobel Prize in literature for 2018 to be cancelled.

You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Arnault.

And also here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize_in_Literature#2018_controversy_and_award_cancellation

Edited by I Am A Swede