Days of Our Lives General Discussion

• Members

I was hoping that Twitter account would post the missing time periods, but so far it's the same episodes that are already online.

I downloaded the first half of 1994 when those episodes were available last year. While 1996 will always be my favorite year, I have to say that 1993-1994 was some of Reilly's strongest material.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to keep posting, I promise I'll try not to flood this thread, but I just watched that great episode where Possessed Marlena strips Kristen naked in church and paints symbols on her. I always hear how campy the possession storyline was but there was nothing campy about this. It was harrowing watching Kristen's utter shock, confusion, and vulnerability. I suppose the puns Possessed Marlena makes are on the campier side, though ("And now... all hell will break loose! Hahahaha")

Please register in order to view this content

There's a great directing moment a little earlier when we see the gun in Alan's hand, his face in closeup, Sami's face in closeup and then we realize... it is Sami who has the gun! OMG. She shoots him down. Oh, that's great. Great.

• Members

I feel like those who say the Possession was JUST camp didn't actually watch it except some random clip. There were so much more to it, like the scene you mentioned. And the background music, so good, so dark and creepy!

The scenes when Sami shot Alan were great. But when Alan screams in pain, I almost feel bad for him, kudos to Paul Kersey for making the scene believable.

• Members

That's what I was hoping as well.

Agreed on 1993-1994. Wish the full runs were out there somewhere.

Yes! Having just watched this a few weeks ago I agree. Some moments are really well done. Sure there's a lot of camp but it's not all camp or Deidre hamming it up with the demon voice coming out of her.

Sami shooting Alan was good stuff. Paul Kersey did a good job too.

• Members

Agreed. I know there was some Emmy controversy in 1996 when Deidre sent in some "For your consideration" clips of her possession work to people, but she had some fantastic moments during the story arc when Marlena was battling with the devil taking control over her. Probably my favorite scenes are when Marlena wakes up in the hospital after having shown up naked at Bo & Billie's wedding engagement at Penthouse Grille, and then later shoots a gun at a cop in the hospital. Marlena is completely overcome with confusion, worry, grief... crying in John's arms, embarrassed by her actions. I don't know if that's one of the episodes Deidre tried to submit, but that certainly would've been my choice for her. 

• Members

There were a couple- I LOVED the plane crash sequence on the island.  I also loved the John Black is Roman/white water rafting sequence.

BUT for me and I think many fans, the best was Stefano & Roman's "final" struggle on the cliff, culminating in Roman's "death."  That one had it all.

• Members

OMG Sami shot Alan on the groin. That's too delicious for words. His scream as he went down was something else, as well as him swearing to Lucas that, when he gets out, he's going to make Sami and Carrie pay. This is such a great story.

Bo and Billie's 'wedding' among the lit trees was so beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye. 

The Vivian stuff is always fun. Surely she won't manage to get married to Victor?!

Please register in order to view this content

Archived