Days of Our Lives General Discussion

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd have preferred the 90s. No one's going to rush to watch 2011 episodes ...

At least it's a start. Maybe we'll get more. It makes sense, Bravo is NBC owned and the whole Lisa on Housewives thing. Lisa also returned to DAYS in 2012 for a year (where they wasted her) so that could be another factor in choosing the period when they did. And it was the MarDar relaunch, also which makes sense as it was meant to be a "reboot" of the show at the time. It's also when they first went HD, I believe, so that too probably plays a factor.

I just don't see anyone making an effort to air older episodes. I don't get it.

And SoapNet aired I believe the first week of DAYS from 1965 as a stunt. Or maybe it was just a few episodes. I'm sure someone knows for sure.

I don't think I'll rewatch only because the entire reboot was an ultimate disappointment and I hate constantly being teased with Carrie and Jack returns. Though actually it wasn't the total worst period. 2011-2014 wasn't the absolute worst. There are certain things I may like to rewatch (Kristen's return, Eric's return and Eric/Nicole, if we ever reach that point in the reruns)

I liked them using Kim's battle with DID.  Kim's tale was way better than Abby's lackluster tale. Eli accusing DA Trask of murdering Andre was stupid. DA Trask is the only interesting thing about this dull murder mystery. Julie trying to go through Claire phone when Claire's right next to her was stupid.  All those bed room sets are so ugly.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Right. DAYS fired Smith in 1976, supposedly because the ratings were not high enough, and replaced her with Ann Marcus, who was a dreadful choice for this show (although she did good work elsewhere). Along with her own weak stories, Marcus used material; from Smith's long-term bible, hence the lawsuit.

The writing for DAYS in 1976 was better than any other year before or since, IMHO, and in fact, after Smith left, there was an endless rotation of hack writers who kept getting worse and worse, and ended up badly butchering this once=fine show.

Archived