Days of Our Lives General Discussion

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there's a difference with Shawn and Galen. Shawn used to always over-act, while Galen is just blank. Someone here was right when they said his "acting" is the same now as it was 19 years ago when Passions started. 

And this is an unpopular opinion but I hate Eric Martsolf's Brady more than Daniel/SC. I find his acting so hammy and I hate how he plays so many scenes with contempt. I know it works for this current story but he has acted like that since 2010. I also really hate the writing and stories for Brady.

• Members

I can't believe I'm linking to this because it's literally an insult to the acting profession but SERIOUSLY. I cringed so hard I was actually getting cringe pain. A soap has never made me feel in pain before. I'm glad I didn't try and start watching during that era as after that scene I would have straight away tuned out. The pair are awful.

I think I only recall it as it had a famous reputation for being so awful.

ETA: They stuffed up their dialogue so bad their conversation didn't even make sense. I never thought I'd appreciate Claire. That bloke can't even act walking.

• Members

I agree his acting is the same as Passions, 19 years ago. Lawd. So blank.

I HAAAAAAATED Martsolf as Brady for years and years. Somehow I've come around to him. Started around the Kristen stuff. I don't think he's great but I think he has some decent moments, unlike Shawn and Galen. But YMMV, lol

• Members

I hated Eric as Ethan on Passions so I groaned when he took over Brady from Kyle Lowder who I actually liked, but he's grown on me.

I liked Galen as the Rafe doppleganger and his flings with Kate and Carrie and friendship with Nicole. But his time with Sami and now with Hope...gah. He just doesn't have the warmth or skill to be a romantic leading man despite the show constantly trying to push him as one.

• Members

I was okay with EM as Brady his first year on the show.  Helped Marlena expose Charlotte, supported Nicole during the baby switch and got involved with Arianna. I wasn't a fan or anything but he was decent. But since summer 2010, when Brady found out about Nicole's secret bank account, had angry sex with her and started drinking, I've hated him. I hate how EM has played him ever since.

• Members

Eric Martsolf is one of those soap vets whose not going anywhere unless the show pushes him out the door or gets cancelled altogether. At this point, I think the character could use a rest because his angry brooding schtick with his scheming woman du jour is tiresome. 

I would love for them to bring Kyle Lowder back and see how another revisit of Brady/Chloe would turn out. Plus, Brady needs to look *younger* than Eric and Sami, not the big brother of the Black/Evans/Brady kids. 

• Members

I think Brady/Chloe should be where they go, not Brady/Eve as it feels super repetitive of Brady's recent history. It's not that interesting. Eve should be scheming to land Eric and bashing boring Jenny to him at every turn. JMO. Or Eve should have been angst for Justin/Adrienne

• Members

While I don't buy Kassie as Eve... I will admit that before she was written off the first time.. I liked her and Justin together... and figured a Justin/Adrienne/Eve triangle could have worked... just like Chloe and Lucas makes no sense whatsoever  (plus I detected chemistry with her and Stefan).

Archived