Edward Skylover

Days of Our Lives General Discussion

On 5/19/2018 at 12:26 PM, YRBB said:

Ah, yes, that's the impression that I had. That's a real shame. Thanks!

I shouldn't LOL at this but.... LOL!

Thanks! I can PM you the details, if you'd like.

That's really all? lol I guess Maggie is not a character that would fit into JER's type of stories easily. I'm sure the age didn't help, plus there were other sounding boards (like Alice) around too. But, it is rather interesting that he still kept her around.

YRBB could you pm me where to watch these as well?

Thanks for the weddding clips. Bennye Gatteys as Susan! Was that one of her last appearances?

It was interesting how old and staid everyone looked.Deidre and Susan were in their 20's but presented older. There was nothing in their clothing or hairstyles that differentiated them from the older characters.

Pat Falken Smith was a courageous woman to air the first interracial kiss during Doug and Julie's wedding, knowing so many eyes would be on the episodes. How I wish all her original plans had been able to manifest themselves they way she wanted.

And yes, Gatteys last aired the same day Doug and Julie's married.

Edited by Bright Eyes

Pat Falken Smith did not want the kiss to air during that episode. Apparently she was most unhappy about because she knew it would be a much scrutinised episode and there would be backlash. There was, and that was the beginning of the end for David/Valerie.

8 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Pat Falken Smith did not want the kiss to air during that episode. Apparently she was most unhappy about because she knew it would be a much scrutinised episode and there would be backlash. There was, and that was the beginning of the end for David/Valerie.

I read that David and Valerie only kissed 4 times in 2 years. The actors (Tina Andrews & Richard Guthrie) complained to the press that when they received their scripts, it would be heavily underlined they could not touch.