DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Friday's ep was stronger than Thursday's. A lot to enjoy. Really loving this soap.

First time I got to see John & Paul's father/son relationship and I like it a lot. Same goes for the Sonny/Brady relationship, that seems intriguing. Really like Eli and Gabby's budding relationship too.

Marlena and Ben stole the episode for me though. They're dragging out the Will story but it's intriguing and suspenseful so not complaining.

There are a lot of guys I fancy on this show, in particular Eli, Theo, Eric, Paul and Ben 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Monday's episode was excellent!  I thought it was interesting how they edited Abby/Ben's standalone scenes, where we saw her inner thoughts, with the real time scenes being in slow-motion, and the sequence ends with Abby punching Ben.  Loved Paul's wedding vows - it was one of the best in a long time.  I also liked how Abby's vows matched up with Sonny's memories of Will.   Another thing I really liked was how long the Teaser+Intro+1st Act was - it was 12 minutes long before it went to the first commercial break.   As of right now, this episode is definitely the top choice for Best Writing and Best Directing. 

Eric/Nicole/Brady.......I hope this ends soon.  I get disappointed every time this storyline is on.

• Members

Scott McKinsey directed it and David Krietzman wrote it. Scott always does a marvelous job and DK was better known for his scripts than his HW duties.

I've never cared for Nicole. The storyline is boring. I find Brady and Eric boring as well.

• Administrator

Paul's vows were in Friday's episode so they were David Levinson's.  I give more props to whoever wrote the breakdown and to Carlivati for the structure of Monday's episode.  Yeah, Scott did a good job directing the episode. 

• Members

Ah, I forgot that the first 6 min of Monday's show was a repeat of Friday's cliffhanger. Soaps rarely do that anymore. It bugged me at first but it took me back to the good old days when soaps were famous for doing that. Now, it's rush rush rush we need to move on.

• Members

You said it so much better than I. Monday's ep I was GLUED to it. It was my first time seeing MM other than once time since she joinged as NuAbby. And I LOVED her scenes and the punch. LOVED the vows with Will flashbacks. There wasn't anything to not like.

HOWEVER...I am here for that triangle. lol. If the gal is leaving, then at least give me some what I was used to seeing as a normal viewer. Besides, DAYS is overdue a villain/rogue which I suspect Brady can and has done.

ETA: Liked Tues and Weds epi with the fallout. Other than that, off to watch Thursday.

Poor Lucas...

• Members

FRIDAY

Yep. Monday was dynamite. Tues and Weds were fallout. Thurs was just there. But Friday has gotten the momentum back. They are even setting up new story with Sonny v Brady (something to distract him from just Eric/Nicole) and Eli v Rafe along with Gabi in the middle.

Love to see Marlena in Shrink Mode.

And awww at Chad and Abby. But I was watching around the 50th anniversary when they were being a supercouple so happy to see them get their day.

And that ending...uh oh...

• Members

Boring isn't a word I'd use to describe DAYS at the moment. It was dreadfully boring under Higley. Not everything is great, some of the characters do nothing for me but I think the show's in much better shape already.

Sorry the show isn't grabbing you.

It's still really early. I'd say so far but we'll see how it goes LOL. So far I'm seeing potential like I hoped I would. I don't LOVE everything but the show is SO much more watchable and fun and entertaining. It feels like things are happening. Some good soapy stuff. The show was so blah and felt like it was just going through the motions, no one reacted to anything, nothing truly major was happening. Now things are happening. Characters get reactions and POV. Some characters are out of their bubbles. The canvas feels better connected.

So far I'm enjoying it. Some episodes are better than others but it's far more watchable than it has been in a long time but there was nowhere to go but up from Hackley.

I haven't commented much on episodes lately but only because I've been about a week behind for a while now LOL so I end up not commenting much. I think they lost a bit of momentum after Will appeared to Lucas at the church but it's picked up again.

Archived