Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Glad I didn't bother to watch, especially after learning they snubbed Jessica Walter - they can nominate Clint Eastwood for zipping his pants, but not a mention of Jessica??

Anthony Hopkins is one of the best actors around, and Academy voters do NOT like feeling pressured or having expectations put onto them, especially in a year of racial justice - I had seen some speculation he would pull an upset. I'm just sorry they screwed around Chadwick's loved ones that way. 

The Glenn Close bit was a delight. 

• Members

Yeah, I had a feeling it was the Academy thumbing its noses at the last several years. I wish it had gone the other way though. Initially I misread a tweet saying Steven Yeun had won as well, and was so happy for about ten seconds. But he has a strong career going forward anyway.

• Members

Final numbers for the Oscars were 2.1 in the demo and 10.4 million total viewers. Surprisingly the higher quarter-hour was 2.3 and the lowest was a 2.0, so the viewership was relatively stable in spite of the poorly received ceremony. Just not that many people were watching in the first place!

• Members

Wow, I just saw the In Memoriam on Youtube and...... what the hell was that?!  

Please register in order to view this content

Much, much too fast and the song didn't help at all. The pictures went by so fast I almost got dizzy.

And, no disrespect to anyone else, but they should have ended it with Dame Olivia de Havilland. Even though there were many great stars who passed away last year, she was one of the greatest icons in cinema history.